|First appearance||Monster Manual (1977)|
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition (1977–1988)
The groaning spirit (banshee) first appeared in the first edition in the original Monster Manual (1977).
Advanced Dungeons & dragons 2nd edition (1989–1999)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition (2000–2002)
The banshee appeared in third edition Dungeons & Dragons in Monster Manual II (2002).
Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition (2014–)
A banshee named Agatha appears in the Lost Mines of Phandelver adventure module, included with the starter set, although no stat block is given for her. The banshee appeared in the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons in the Monster Manual (2014).
The groaning spirit is a spirit of an evil female elf, whose keening wail causes hearers to die on the spot.
The groaning spirit appeared in The Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
The banshee appeared in Paizo Publishing's book Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2 (2010), on page 41.
- Mentzer, Frank. "Ay pronunseeAY shun gyd" Dragon #93 (TSR, 1985)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Bonny, Ed, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter. Monster Manual II (Wizards of the Coast, 2002)
- Mearls, Mike, Stephen Schubert, and James Wyatt. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2014
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). The Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 159–160. ISBN 1-58846-112-2. Search this book on
- Baur, Wolfgang, Jason Bulmahn, et al. Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2 (Paizo Publishing, 2010)
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Groaning spirit" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Groaning spirit. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.