Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Group SJR logo 2019.png|
Number of employees
Group SJR is a New York-based marketing consultancy owned by WPP plc. The company was founded in 2004 by Alexander Jutkowitz and Mitch Stoller.
Group SJR's client services include analytics, audience development, content creation, and insights. The company employed 95 people, as of May 2016. Group SJR is based in New York and has offices in the United StatesCanada, and the United Kingdom. Co-founder Alexander Jutkowitz serves as chief executive officer (CEO), and co-founder Mitch Stoller holds the role of president. The company is a division of Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K), which is owned by the British multinational advertising and public relations firm WPP plc.
Jutkowitz and Stoller founded Group SJR in 2004. In 2012, the company earned a Shorty Award in the "Best Use of Video in a Social Media Campaign" category for its work on TED's "Ideas Worth Spreading" campaign. The company was acquired by WPP in June 2013, at which point Group SJR had reported earning $13.4 million in revenue, and had 50 employees in New York and Los Angeles. Group SJR continued to operate as an independent company of H+K. Jutkowitz was named vice chairman and chief global strategist at H+K, while maintaining his role as managing partner of Group SJR.
As of 2014, Group SJR operated approximately 15 content websites, including Txchnologist, and employed between 30 and 50 content creators, designers, editors, photographers, and strategists. The content marketing company Colloquial was established as a joint venture between Group SJR and J. Walter Thompson in mid 2015. Jutkowitz was named the new company's CEO, and continued his role at Group SJR. Clients of Group SJR have included commercial real estate services and investment firm CBRE Group, and accounting software company Xero.
The company experienced a 26 percent growth in revenue in 2016. Jutkowitz attributed part of Group SJR's growth in content and video offerings to WPP's joint venture with Daily Mail and Snapchat, called Truffle Pig, which he also heads. Jutkowitz has said he wanted "Truffle Pig" to be Group SJR's original name. Twenty Group SJR employees were contributing to work for Truffle Pig's clients in mid 2016. In May 2017, Jutkowitz was named CEO of H+K U.S. and kept his position at Group SJR.
In 2019, Group SJR separated from H+K to operate independently within WPP.
- Kucharsky, Danny. "H+K Launches Digital Content Division H+K SJR". Marketing Mag. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- Bruell, Alexandra (February 25, 2016). "Group SJR Taps Former Xerox CMO Christa Carone". Advertising Age. Detroit: Crain Communications. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "Agencies of the Year: 2017 Pan-EMEA Consultancies of the Year". The Holmes Report. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Shah, Aarti (June 24, 2013). "H+K Ups Content Play with Group SJR Acquisition". The Holmes Report. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- Sudhaman, Arun (December 6, 2016). "Creativity In PR 2016: Tackling the Talent Challenge". The Holmes Report. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Kessler, Sarah (April 10, 2014). "Meet the Biggest Publishing Company You've Never Heard Of". Fast Company. ISSN 1085-9241. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- Moses, Lucia (March 10, 2014). "4 Specialty Shops Trying to Make a Native Ad Land Grab". Adweek. Beringer Capital. ISSN 0199-2864. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- Ngak, Chenda (March 27, 2012). "Shorty Awards honors social media, NASA, Bloomberg". CBS News. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Chakraborty, Alokananda (August 14, 2015). "Lunch with BS: Tarun Rai". Business Standard. Kotak Mahindra Bank. OCLC 496280002. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Bayani, Oliver (June 10, 2015). "JWT, Hill & Knowlton enters JV to launch Colloquial". Adobo Magazine. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- Maddox, Kate (June 16, 2015). "CBRE Extends Content Marketing Program With Online Magazine". Advertising Age. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Cookson, Robert (June 23, 2015). "WPP joins forces with Snapchat to launch ad content agency". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- O'Reilly, Lara (September 4, 2015). "We found out what's going on with Truffle Pig — the ad agency Snapchat, WPP, and The Daily Mail launched at Cannes". Business Insider. Axel Springer SE. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- O'Reilly, Lara (June 18, 2016). "One year on, here's what's happening at Snapchat, the Daily Mail, and WPP's ad agency, Truffle Pig". Business Insider. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
This article "Group SJR" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Group SJR. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.