Hyperautomation is the application of advanced technologies like RPA, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning (ML) and Process Mining to augment workers and automate processes in ways that are significantly more impactful that traditional automation capabilities. Hyperautomation is the combination of automation tools to deliver work.
Gartner notes that this trend was kicked off with robotic process automation (RPA). The report notes that, “RPA alone is not hyperautomation. Hyperautomation requires a combination of tools to help support replicating pieces of where the human is involved in a task."
Understanding the range of automation mechanisms, how they relate to one another and how they can be combined and coordinated is a major focus for hyperautomation.
Process mining software, a component of hyperautomation, can help organizations easily capture information from enterprise transaction systems and provides detailed — and data-driven — information about how key processes are performing. The power of process mining may well be amplified in the future as it is integrated with other tools such as robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI).
- "Gartner Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020". Gartner.
- "Gartner Tech Trends 2020". Gigabit Magazine.
- "Hyperautomation among top 10 technology trends for 2020". Tech Republic.
- "Gartner's Top 10 Technology Trends For 2020 That Will Shape The Future". Computer Reseller News CRN.
- "Gartner's top 10 strategic trends for 2020". Information Age.
- "Gartner Announces Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends For 2020". Forbes.
- "2020 Predictions About Automation from Forrester". Industrial Automation.
- "HBR: What Process Mining is, and why companies should do it". Harvard Business Review.
This article "Hyperautomation" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hyperautomation. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.