Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild
|Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild|
|Directed by||John C. Donkin|
|Based on||Ice Age|
by Blue Sky Studios
|Music by||Batu Sener|
Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild is an upcoming American computer-animated adventure comedy film directed by John C. Donkin. It is intended to be the sixth installment to the Ice Age series and a spin-off of the franchise.
The film will star Simon Pegg as Buck, with Seann William Scott and Josh Peck returning as Crash and Eddie respectively and is being produced by 20th Century Animation and distributed by 20th Century Studios as a Disney+ original film. It will be one of many animated films to be produced by 20th Century Animation and distributed by 20th Century Studios since the closure of Blue Sky Studios in April 2021.
- Simon Pegg as Buck
- Seann William Scott as Crash
- Josh Peck as Eddie
On the possibility of a potential sixth film, in June 2016, Galen T. Chu, co-director of Ice Age: Collision Course, stated that there were some ideas for the next installment. In August 2018, CEO of 20th Century Fox Stacey Snider announced that a television series based on Ice Age and centered around the character Buck was in development. On October 25, 2019, seven months after the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney, the project was confirmed to be still in development for Disney+. In December 2020, the project was confirmed to have been redeveloped as a film and to be titled Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild, centering around Buck going on an adventure in the Dinosaur World with Crash and Eddie. It was also confirmed to feature Simon Pegg, reprising his role as the title character, along with Seann William Scott and Josh Peck, who will reprise their roles as Crash and Eddie respectively.
However, on February 9, 2021, it was announced that Blue Sky Studios would be shutting down in April 2021, which it did on April 10. Consequently, many of Blue Sky's upcoming projects, including an upcoming film adaptation of Nimona with the release date of January 14, 2022, were cancelled. Despite this, production on Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild continued. Currently, it hasn't been confirmed if Blue Sky was involved in the film or not, but there have been rumors that it was never involved.
Batu Sener, who has worked on additional music with John Powell on films such Ferdinand, Solo: A Star Wars Story, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, and The Call of the Wild was revealed to be the composer for the film on August 2, 2021.
The film is set to be released on Disney+ in early 2022.
- Looch, Cassam (June 27, 2016). "ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE INTERVIEW WITH CO-DIRECTOR GALEN T. CHU". Flickreel. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Paz, Maggie Dela (August 10, 2018). "Fox Developing Wimpy Kid, Ice Age, and Night at the Museum TV Shows". Coming Soon.net. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- "Ice Age and Rio spinoffs in early development for Disney+". Discussing Film. October 25, 2019. Archived from the original on December 29, 2019. Retrieved November 4, 2019. Unknown parameter
- Peters, Jay (2020-12-10). "Here are all the new Marvel, Star Wars, and other projects Disney announced at its investor day". The Verge. Archived from the original on December 11, 2020. Retrieved 2020-12-11. Unknown parameter
- "Disney Closing Blue Sky Studios, Fox's Once-Dominant Animation House Behind 'Ice Age' Franchise". February 9, 2021.
- "Batu Sener Scoring Disney+'s 'Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild'". August 2, 2021.
Category:Upcoming films Category:2022 films Category:American films Category:English-language films Category:2020s American animated films Category:2020s adventure comedy films Category:2020s comedy films Category:2022 computer-animated films Category:American adventure comedy films Category:American animated films Category:American comedy films Category:American computer-animated films Category:American adventure films Category:American sequel films Category:Animated adventure films Category:Animated films about animals Category:Ice Age (franchise) films Category:20th Century Studios films Category:Disney+ original films Category:2020s adventure films Category:Films directed by Mike Thurmeier Category:2022 directorial debut films Category:2022 comedy films
This article "Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.