International Food Waste Coalition
|Type||Non-governmental organization, non-profit organization|
International Food Waste Coalition (IFWC) is a nonprofit non-governmental organization that finds solutions to food waste including better portion control and improved meal forecasting. The International Food Waste Coalition's President is Damien Verdier. Another founder is an active supporter and participant of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. They are currently implementing WasteWatch, a food waste program to track the $940 billion of economic losses due to annual food waste, which amounts to one third of all food produced. So far, more than 40 countries have adopted WasteWatch, resulting in 45 percent reduction in food waste in the first 2. The goal is 100% waste prevention by 2025. Food waste is the third largest waste category in landfills costing American consumers, businesses and farms $218 billion to grow, process, transport and dispose of food that is never eaten. 52 million tons of food goes into landfills annually with 10 million more tons discarded or unharvested on farms. Simultaneously, 1 in 5 American children suffer from hunger.
Programs and Initiatives
The International Food Waste Coalition runs programs and events focused on finding solutions to food waste.
- SKOOL - IFWC raises awareness about food waste with children resulting in a 12 per cent reduction in wasted food. Food waste is an economic, social, and environmental problem that degrades the ecosystem, overwhelms landfills, and contributes to climate change and global warming.
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- "Unilever, PepsiCo, McCain team up on foodservice waste". just-food.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sodexo Challenges Industry & Businesses to Take a Global Approach to Preventing and Eliminating Food Waste". 3blmedia.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sodexo Commits to Zero Food Waste to Landfills". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Food waste coalition begins push for value chain collaboration". edie.net. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "WWF and Sodexo launch new range of sustainable meals". edie.net. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "WWF's Markets Institute Out to Advance Sustainable Food Production". sustainablebrands.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sodexo Takes a Bold Step in its Corporate Responsibility Journey with Better Tomorrow 2025". globenewswire.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sodexo Commits to Zero Food Waste". waste360.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Younger generations can lead battle against waste". ft.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Melis Balta: More must be done to reduce food waste". gainesville.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
|This article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "International Food Waste Coalition" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.