Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands
Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands (Irish: Croíthailte folaithe na hÉireann} is a tourism region in Ireland. The region covers, partially or in whole, counties Leitrim, Eastern Clare, Longford, Roscommon, Eastern Galway, as well as parts of Westmeath, Cavan, Northern Tipperary and Offaly, and so includes parts of all four provinces.
Fáilte Ireland stated that through marketing the region, it hopes to "get tourists active in nature and encourage them to explore the region’s natural assets such as the River Shannon and its walking trails, boating, fishing, greenways and woodlands". Two hiking trails in the region, the Suck Valley Way and the Miners Way, make up part of the national Beara-Breifne Way, Ireland’s longest walking trail.
The region was formerly referred to as the Lakelands.
Trails[edit | edit source]
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2018)
- Suck Valley Way (part of the (Beara-Breifne Way)
- Miners Way (part of the (Beara-Breifne Way)
- Westmeath Way
- Old Rail Trail
Loughs, rivers and canals[edit | edit source]
Loughs[edit | edit source]
Rivers[edit | edit source]
Canals[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Sinead Baker (2018-04-12). "The new Wild Atlantic Way? Ireland's midlands have been rebranded as the Hidden Heartlands". TheJournal.ie. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Eoghan MacConnell (2018-04-12). "Fáilte Ireland unveils Hidden Heartlands brand for the midlands". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "'Hidden Heartlands' launched to promote tourism in midlands". RTÉ News. 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Leave the coast to explore Ireland's "hidden heartlands"". Lonely Planet. 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Catherine Sanz (2018-04-13). "Fáilte Ireland hopes to set pulses racing for bypassed heartlands". Ireland. The Times. London. (Subscription required (. ))
The rebranded area was referred to as the Lakelands in the 2016 programme for government
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for [[Wikivoyage:Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands#Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 863: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands]].|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands.|
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tourism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.