|File:Photographer Irvin Rivera.jpg |
Irvin Rivera in 2014
|Born||Paul Irvin Rivera|
1986 (age 34–35)
Nueva Ecija, Philippines
|🏡 Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|🏳️ Nationality||Filipino - American|
|🏫 Education||University of the Philippines Los Baños|
|Portraits, Photography, Fashion Photography, Entertainment Photography|
Search Irvin Rivera on Amazon.Paul "Irvin" Rivera (born June 1986 in Nueva Ecija, Philippines) also known as Graphicsmetropolis is a Filipino-American fashion and celebrity photographer and image-maker. He lives and works in Los Angeles, California. He started to develop an interest in imagery at a young age, when he used to draw.
His works have been published in numerous print and online magazines like Italian Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Australian Vogue, W Magazine, British Journal of Photography, L’Officiel Singapore, L’Officiel Ukraine, Flaunt, Fault, Illustrado Dubai, Schon, The Wrap, etc.
Marek Milewickz, guest editor of Photovogue, said- "Rivera picks up on the film reference with what looks like stills from a Tarantino. With the influence of Hollywood providing us with great narrative and special effects, it seems only natural that the movies would have a strong and lasting influence on image-makers."
He is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of A Book Of (Magazine) (abookof.us) and also the founder of the charity Portraits of Love Project.
Rivera was born in Muñoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines. He studied Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts and majored in Writing at University of the Philippines Los Baños.
By the end of 2007, he and his family immigrated to the United States and resided in Los Angeles.
Sometime around 2013, Rivera quit his day job and decided to go as a full-time freelance photographer.
In 2017, he launched A Book Of (Magazine), an independent online arts and culture publication as well as Portraits of Love Project, a portrait charity project that aims to raise funds to any individual or group in need one portrait at a time.
In 2015, Rivera joined Photography Mastered by Nick Knight and became its Los Angeles Mastered Ambassador afterwards.
Rivera took an Editorial Photography crash course with photographer Art Streiber in 2014 during the Palm Springs Photo Festival.
Rivera is currently a member of the Los Angeles Center of Photography, Professional Photographers of America, NIKON NPS (USA), and American Photographic Artists (APA).
Throughout his career, Rivera photographed several notable actors, directors, musicians, and models.
Some of the people that he photographed are Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Gary Oldman, Kobe Bryant, Keira Knightley, Priyanka Chopra, Idris Elba, Robert Pattinson, Rami Malek, Dakota Fanning, Guillermo del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Gregg Araki etc.
- Photo LA / Los Angeles, Ca / January 2019
- Tokyo Midtown Design Touch / Mazda Design Exhibition / Tokyo, Japan / October 2018
- Les Recontres De La Photographie / Arles, France / July 2018
- "Breathing life into Things" Presented by Vogue Italia x Mazda / Milan, Italy / June 2018
- Focus Photo LA / Los Angeles, CA / March 2018
- Photo Independent / Los Angeles, CA / April 2017
- Picture This Gallery / Long Beach, CA / September 2016
- Busan Foto Fair (BUFF) / Bexco, South Korea / August 2016
- Photo Independent / Raleigh Studios / Los Angeles / April 2016
- LA Center of Photography Annual Members Show / DNJ Gallery/ Santa Monica, CA / (July–Aug 2015)
- "Paradigms" Group Exhibition / University of the Philippines Los Baños / Philippines / (November 2015)
- "LIGHT" Group Exhibition with the Graphics Metropolis Interns / Melrose / (November 2015)
- Portfolio Showcase Exhibit at For the Stars Fashion House (October 2013)
- RAWatists Los Angeles ACTIVATE (February 29, 2012)
- RAWartists Hollywood THE BLEND (May 11, 2012)
- RAWartists Los Angeles RAWawards Semi-finalist Night (November 2012)
- Art Heart's Fashion PopUp event / Los Angeles / (April 5, 2013)
- Coalescence- A night of Art and fashion / Los Angeles / (July 20, 2013)
- 2011 Snap to Grid Exhibit during the DTLA Artwalk at the Los Angeles Center for Digital Arts (LACDA) -Los Angeles, California/December 2011
Awards and recognition
- 2018 Winner Focus Photo LA Summer Competition
- 2018 Winner Rangefinder Magazine Seeing the Light
- 2018 Shortlisted Communication Arts Photography Competition
- 2018 Dodho Magazine Best Photographer of the Year Finalist
- 2018 Focus Photo LA 2nd Place Winner
- 2017 Focus Photo LA Winter Finalist
- 2017 Bronze Winner Moscow International Foto Awards Professional Category- Nudes
- 2016 Honorable Mention International Photography Awards Professional Category- Advertising- Fashion
- 2015 Winner PDN FACES Portrait Photography Competition – Professional : Children/Babies
- 2015 Winner PDN FACES Portrait Photography Competition – Professional : Commercial/Editorial/Assignment
- 2015 Moscow International Foto Awards Honorable Mention Fine Art Portrait Category
- 2015 Honorable Mention International Photography Awards Philippines Professional Category- Advertising- Fashion
- 2015 Honorable Mention International Photography Awards Professional Category- Fine Art Nudes
- 2015 Honorable Mention International Photography Awards Professional Category- Fashion: Advertising
- 2014 Honorable Mention: International Photography Awards Professional Category- People / Portraits
- 2014 Honorable Mention: International Photography Awards Professional Category- Advertising / Fashion
- 2012 RAWartist Los Angeles Photographer of the year
- "Exclusive interview with fashion photographer Irvin Rivera for HUF Magazine issue 29". hufmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Marek Milewicz and Photo Vogue – Vogue.it". Vogue (in italiano). Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Novio, Eunice Barbara C. "Self-taught Filipino lensman shoots the stars in LA". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Photo L.A. | www.photola.com". www.photola.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "『VOGUE JAPAN』とマツダが「東京ミッドタウン デザインタッチ 2018」でコラボレーション！". VOGUE JAPAN (in 日本語). 16 October 2018. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Breathing life into things • Mazda & Vogue Italia". Vogue Italia (in italiano). Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Past Competitions". FOCUS Photo L.A. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "2018 RF Lighting Winners Gallery". 2018 RF Lighting Winners Gallery. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "International Photo Awards". photoawards.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Winners Gallery for PDN Faces Photo Contest". PDN Faces Photo Contest. Archived from the original on 15 August 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
This article "Irvin Rivera" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Irvin Rivera. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.