|Born||April 24, 1987 (age 33)|
|📆 Years active||2008 – present|
|Style||Fashion, editorial, advertising|
Nicola Casini (born April 24, 1987) is an Italian photographer, writer and businessman, activating mainly in the field of fashion, editorial and new image technology.
Born in Livorno in 1987, he spent his childhood on the Tuscan coast. At the age of 18 he published his first novel L'Inverno, published by "Blu di Prussia" in the book series "Alfabeto", which received a very good feedback from "Italian Literature System", that named Nicola Casini able to "focus on the most subtle nuances of the protagonist's moods, descriptive qualities that lead beyond the surface, proving an uncommon ability to keep alive the attention of the reader while presenting distinctly positive characters". After two years, Nicola published his second novel entitled Le mie Tenebre, which is more focused on a dark and gloomy atmosphere. This work influenced the author's style for years to come, repeating the success of the previous publication.
In 2010, after his studies in Nuclear Enginery, he made his way into fashion photography. This choice led to him moving to Milan. There, he started his collaboration with StarStystem Magazine as a fashion editor. This adventure ends in 2012, when he decided to progress on his own in the depth of photography.
In the next years, he started working with magazine of European, as well as international importance – popular names like GQ, Glamour, Rough, DRY magazine, Bambi, Harper's Bazaar and many others. On GQ Online, he had his own weekly column. In the years 2010–2015 he completes advertising campaigns for brands like Glenfield, Frutta, Baci&Abbracci, Farmagan, Christina Lindstrom, Anne Geddes, Aurora Potenti, Beverly Hills Polo, and portrayed international figures from cinema and entertainment fields like Elisabetta Gregoraci, Ria Antoniou, Camila Trindade, Clizia Fornasier, Melita Toniolo, Natacha Eguia.
During the Milan Fashion Week in June 2015, he launched his first personal photographic exhibition in Milan. His project "Skin&Soul" was a compilation of black and white shots of 100 models. The idea behind the project was to reveal the hidden nature of each subject, separated from any unnecessary accessory that could distract the viewer's attention.
His first photographic book called Flesh and Soul was published in March 2016.
He is active in the fields of innovative solutions in the use of augmented reality, virtual reality and the production of 360-degree photographic materials. He is a member of Mulholland Studio production company based in Minden (Nevada) and New York.
- L'Inverno, Blu di Prussia Editore, 2006
- Le mie Tenebre, Edarc Edizioni, 2007, ISBN 8886428278 Search this book on .
- Flesh and Soul, NPC, 2015, ISBN 9791220008907 Search this book on .
- Di Miceli, Giovanni (August 2015). "Nicola Casini: tra pelle ed anima" [Nicola Casini: Between Skin and Soul] (PDF). Fotografare (interview). pp. 74-.
- "L'Inverno". Literary (in italiano). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Le mie tenebre". Edarc Edizioni. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Casini, Nicola. "Diario di un fotografo: Nicola Casini e Grace" [Diary of a photographer: Nicola Casini and Grace]. GQ Italia (in italiano). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Vermillion". Rough Italia. Archived from the original on 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Nicola Casini". GQ Italia (in italiano). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Elisabetta Gregoraci: 'Mamma.. I will never be the same without you'". StarsSystem (in italiano). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Winderling, Olga (June 2014). "70 ragazze per me: 'Skin&Soul, la mostra di Nicola Casini'" [70 girls for me: 'Skin & Soul, the Nicola Casini exhibition']. GQ Italia (in italiano). Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Mulholland Studio " VR Digital Studio specialised in Fashion & Apparel". www.mulhollandvr.com. Archived from the original on 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
This article "Nicola Casini" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nicola Casini. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.