|Alma mater||Appalachian State|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
|College team||Texas A&M Corpus Christi|
Jake Babic (born April 17, 1995) is a Canadian-Croatian basketball player for CB Tobarra of the Spanish LIGA EBA. He played college basketball for the Appalachian State Mountaineers and the Texas A&M Corpus Christi Islanders.
High School Career
Babic played at St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Secondary School in Oakville, Ontario where he was a team captain and MVP. Babic was apart of the 2011 OFSAA AAAA Silver medalist team that lost to Vaughan Secondary school featuring Andrew Wiggins.
Babic committed to the Applachian State Mountaineers and made an immediate impact in the program. Babic started the teams final 10 games and averaged 6.1 points a contest. In his sophomore season, Babic saw his role reduced. In his third and final year at Appalachian State, Babic started 6 games including the team's Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Tournament loss to eventual champions Troy.
Following his junior season, Babic graduate transferred to Texas A&M University Corpus Christi in the Southland Conference where he appeared in 31 games for the Islanders, making 17 starts including a 16 point performance in the team's Southland Conference Men's Basketball Tournament loss to Central Arkansas. Babic finished his senior season averaging 5.3 points per contest.
Babic finished his career with 553 points, 251 rebounds and 204 assists.
Niagara River Lions (2020)
Babic signed with the Niagara River Lions of the upstart Canadian Elite Basketball League for the Summer Series.
Babic signed with Tobarra CB of LIGA EBA on July 26, 2020.
National Team Experience
Babic represented Canada at the FIBA 2012 U-17 World Championship's in Kaunas, Lithuania where the team finished 5th in the world.
- "Hoopstars Canada". www.hoopstarscanada.com. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Jake Babic College Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Jake Babic - Men's Basketball". App State Athletics. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "2017 Sun Belt Conference Men's Basketball Tournament", Wikipedia, 2020-01-09, retrieved 2020-12-21
- "Men's basketball adds Jake Babic". Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Athletics. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Central Arkansas vs. Texas A&M-CC - Game Recap - March 13, 2019 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Jake Babic Stats, News, Bio". ESPN. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Bio-Jake Babic". www.riverlions.ca. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "Jake Babic, segundo fichaje del Tobarra CB". FEB (in español). Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "2012 FIBA Under-17 World Championship", Wikipedia, 2019-12-07, retrieved 2020-12-21
This article "Jake Babic" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jake Babic. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.