James D. Carroll
|James Duncan Carroll|
|Born||July 5, 1962|
James Duncan Carroll (born 7 May 1962 in United Kingdom), is a UK-based futurist, author, and inventor. He is the founder and CEO at THOR Photomedicine Ltd., a medical technology company specializing in equipment for Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and Photobiomodulation (PBM) Therapy. One of Carroll’s inventions won the 2016 Innovation of the Year Award from Elite Sports Rehabilitation Expo in London.
He is a leading advocate for research, development, and acceptance of Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and Photobiomodulation (PBM) Therapy. Dr. Mike Hamblin (Harvard Medical School) declared James to be “The world’s leading ambassador for Low-Level Laser Therapy”.
Carroll's PBM Therapy advocacy includes briefing the United Nations on the science and promise of Photobiomodulation (PBM),and briefing the U.S. House of Representatives on how Photobiomodulation (PBM) is a viable pain treatment and its potential in reducing opioid use.
James Carroll is a featured speaker at international science and health forums. In 2008, he developed and published a comprehensive PBM Therapy dosage guide,  and analysis of LLLT Dose rate effects. 
Carroll’s birth and early life are chronicled in a book by his father, Ronnie Carroll, Luck of the Irish: Powerful Saga of an Irish Family Arriving in England Just as World War II Is Declared.'' James Carroll studied electronics at Harlow Technical College, UK.
Global Founders London chronicled his journey from engineer technician to Photobiomodulation (PBM) inventor and advocate. 
- THOR International Ltd, Low Level Laser Therapy equipment Managing Director (1992 to 2007)
- Biomedical Optics Society conference chair (2009 to present)
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine (2009 to present)
- Editorial Board of Photomedicine and Laser Surgery (2008 to 2013)
- Served on the World Association for Laser Therapy (WALT) (2000 to 2004 and 2016 to present)
- North American Association for Laser Therapy (2002 to 2006)
- World Association for Laser Therapy (WALT) board member (2000 to 2004)
Mechanisms of Photobiomodulation Therapy XIII, (SPIE; May 2018): Michael R. Hamblin; James D. Carroll; Praveen Arany
Low-Level Light Therapy: Photobiomodulation (SPIE; January 2018): Michael R. Hamblin; Cleber Ferraresi; Ying-Ying Huang; Lucas Freitas de Freitas; James D. Carroll
1. 195-206 2. Carroll JD, Handbook of Low-Level Laser Therapy, Chapter 3 Lasers, LEDs, and Other Light Sources, Pan Stanford Publishing 2017
2. Bartos A, Grondin Y, Bortoni ME, Ghelﬁ E, Sepulveda R, Carroll J, Rogers RA Pre-conditioning with near infrared photobiomodulation reduces inﬂammatory cytokines and markers of oxidative stress in cochlear hair cells. J Biophotonics 2016 Jan 21
3. Barasch A, Raber-Durlacher J, Epstein JB, Carroll J Effects of pre-radiation exposure to LLLT of normal and malignant cells. Support Care Cancer 2015 Dec 16
4. Cotler HB, Chow RT, Hamblin MR, Carroll J The Use of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) For Musculoskeletal Pain. MOJ Orthop Rheumatol 2015 2(5)
5. Hadis MA, Zainal SA, Holder MJ, Carroll JD, Cooper PR, Milward MR, Palin WM The dark art of light measurement: accurate radiometry for low-level light therapy. Lasers Med Sci 2016 Mar 10 Agrawal T, Gupta GK, Rai V, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR Pre-conditioning with low-level laser (light) therapy: light before the storm. Dose Response 2014 Dec 12(4) 619-49
6. Carroll JD, Milward MR, Cooper PR, Hadis M, Palin WM Developments in low level light therapy (LLLT) for dentistry. Dent Mater 2014 May 30(5) 465-475
7. Agrawal T, Gupta GK, Rai V, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR Pre-conditioning with low-level laser (light) therapy: light before the storm. Dose Response 2014 Dec 12(4) 619-49
8. Carroll JD Introduction to Low-Level Laser / Light Therapy (LLLT) for Dentists J Laser Dent 2013;21(1):10-20
9.Natalie Lee, Jane Wigg, James D Carroll The use of low level light therapy in the treatment of head and neck oedema Journal of Lymphoedema, 2013, Vol 8, No 1
10. Huang YY, Sharma SK, Carroll J, Hamblin MR. Biphasic dose response in low level light therapy - an update Dose Response. 2011;9(4):602-18.
11.Jenkins PA, Carroll JD How to Report Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)/Photomedicine Dose and Beam Parameters in Clinical and Laboratory Studies. Photomed Laser Surg 2011 Nov 22
12.Chung H, Dai T, Sharma SK, Huang YY, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR The Nuts and Bolts of Low-level Laser (Light) Therapy. Ann Biomed Eng 2011 Nov 2
13.Huang YY, Sharma SK, Carroll J, Hamblin MR. Biphasic dose response in low level light therapy - an update Dose Response. 2011;9(4):602-18.
14.Khuman J, Zhang J, Park J, Carroll J, Whalen M Low-Level Laser Light Therapy Improves Cognitive Deﬁcits and Inhibits Microglial Activation after Controlled Cortical Impact in Mice. J Neurotrauma 2011 Aug 18
15.Hashmi JT, Huang YY, Sharma SK, Kurup DB, De Taboada L, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR Effect of pulsing in low-level light therapy. Lasers Surg Med 2010 Aug 42(6) 450-66
16.Huang YY, Chen AC, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR Biphasic dose response in low level light therapy. Dose Response 2009 7(4) 358-83
17.Stone LR, Sweeney JC, Levine G, Biedenbach G, Badylak SF, Simmons-Byrd A, Carroll JD, Worth M, Faringer P Utilization of reconstructive surgery, extracellular matrix, and light emitting diode technology to return form and function to a young dolphin’s dorsal ﬁn. Veterinary Information Network 2005
Presentation to the United Nations (2014) THOR LLLT presentation at United Nations – Global Health Impact Forum | THOR Photobiomodulation Therapy/LLLT Products and Training
Presentation to the U.S. Congress (2018) – Highlights U.S. Congressional Briefing "Ending Opioid Use" Highlights | Washington DC
PBM Advocacy Video (2018) Congressional Briefing
About James Carroll (2018) James Carroll | The World's Leading Ambassador for Photobiomodulation
- "System for Award Management". www.sam.gov.
- "THOR PHOTOMEDICINE LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "Thor Photomedicine, Inc". www.buzzfile.com.
- Ltd, THOR Photomedicine. ""STAR TREK" Style Light Pod Wins Innovation of the Year". www.prnewswire.com.
- "ADVANCED LASER THERAPY TRAINING DAY : Physiotherapy New Zealand". pnz.org.nz.
- "A bespoke day focusing on Laser and LED treatment in Lymphoedema". lymph.org.uk.
- Inc, HRIS. "The Impact of Whole Body Photobiomodulation on Performance and Recovery Grapevine 76051 - HAR.com". Homes And Rentals - HAR.com.
- "A Global Health Impact Forum | Under-Secretary-General Liu Zhenmin - United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs". www.un.org.
- "(Part 4) Global Health Impact Forum: Health and technology - to support the Millennium Development Goals". United Nations Web TV.
- "AlHurra TV PBM Report" – via www.youtube.com.
- "ALD - Academy of Laser Dentistry - ALD_News". www.laserdentistry.org.
- "Shining a Light on PBM & The Health Care Innovation Ecosystem | ASTRA". www.usinnovation.org. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Ending Opioid Use". Washington DC, DC Patch. 26 September 2018.
- "EVENT: ENDING OPIOID USE; A NEW HOPE - ASTRA". www.usinnovation.org.
- "2014 NAALT/WALT Meeting Nomenclature Breakout – NAALT". naalt.org.
- "StackPath". www.dentistryiq.com.
- "ALD Gulf Laser Chapter". www.facebook.com.
- "Photobiomodulation (BL) | Communities | The Optical Society".
- "Lightwaves 2017 Winter Issue is Here!". myemail.constantcontact.com.
- "6th-1M World Congress of Exercise & Sports Medicine 2018 - Speakers". mysite.
- "WALT 2018 – 3–6 October 2018, Nice, France". walt.no.
- "Conference - THOR Photobiomodulation Therapy/LLLT Products and Training". blog.thorlaser.com.
- "A 3D dose model for low level laser / led therapy biostimulation and bioinhibition". ResearchGate.
- "How Laser Therapy works - THOR Laser". www.thorlaser.com.
- "LLLT – DOSE RATE EFFECTS - THOR Photobiomodulation Therapy/LLLT Products and Training". blog.thorlaser.com.
- "LUCK OF THE IRISH by Ronnie Carroll | Kirkus Reviews" – via www.kirkusreviews.com.
- Carroll, Ronnie (November 16, 1776). "[( By Carroll, Ronnie". Xlibris Corporation 2012 – via Amazon.
- "THOR Photomedicine: The Making of an Icon". THOR Photomedicine: The Making of an Icon.
- "Thor Photomedicine LLC". www.bloomberg.com.
- "THOR PHOTOMEDICINE LIMITED - Officers (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "Dr. James Carroll - Canadian Dental Laser Institute - Dentists from many countries train here". cndlaserinstitute.com.
- "James Carroll - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com.
- "Handbook of Photomedicine". CRC Press.
- "Mechanisms of Photobiomodulation Therapy XIII | (2018) | Publications | Spie". spie.org. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Low-Level Light Therapy: Photobiomodulation | (2018) | Hamblin | Publications | Spie". spie.org. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Light: the medicine of the future has arrived". optics.org.
- "Publications Authored by James D Carroll". PubFacts.
- "James D Carroll's research works | THOR Photomedicine Ltd, Chesham and other places". ResearchGate.
- "James Carroll - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "james carroll" - PubMed - NCBI
- Photobiomodulation (PBM Therapy) Low Level laser Therapy (LLLT) - THOR Laser
This article "James D. Carroll" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:James D. Carroll. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.