|Born||12 February 1985|
Kano State, Nigeria
|Other names||Jamilu Hajaj|
|Bayero University Kano |
Entrepreneur, Business Analyst, Business Strategist
💵 Salary :
|📆 Years active||2010 — present|
|Founder of Northflix, CEO saveme.ng|
|Title||Founder and CEO of Northflix |
|👩 Spouse(s)||Hafsat Ishaq Jameel|
Jamilu Abdussalam (born 12 february, 1985) is a prominent Nigerian Entrepreneur, business strategies and business analyst.. He is best known to the founder and CEO of Northflix, the first hausa video-on-demand movie platform for kannywood movies. He is also the co-founder and CEO of Saveme.ng under Smart Integrated Technologies.
Early life and background
Jamilu is bilingual Hausa and Yoruba, born and raised in Kano State, he lived his early life between Tudun Wada Dankdai and later moved to Tarauni Local government in Kano. He attended Tudun Wada Dankadai primary school, he proceeded to Tarauni Secondary School where he obtained SSCE certificate, he furthered his tertiary education at Bayero University Kano where he acquired B.Sc. in Mass Communication. He obtained Masters in Business Administration in Bayero University Kano, Jamilu also acquired Master in Entrepreneur and Venture Creation from Arden University.
After National Youth Service Corps NYSC with Sterling Bank in 2009, Jamilu started working with Diamond Bank in 2010, in 2012 he voluntary resigned to setup his enterprise call Express Speed Shoppers and Enterpise, in the same year he participated in Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria Youwin!, a business plan competition organized by the Federal Government of Nigeria and won a grant of 10,000,000 naira as seed capital to start up an agric-allied and food processing venture known as Hajaj Fresh. After a trip to Washington DC, United State, Jamilu spend over five years of careful research and he came up with the idea of creating a streaming service, named Northflix he designed it in similar fashion as it American counterpart, Netflix, where hausa movies are offered online streaming of a library of films and television programs In 2019, he established a digital savings platform that works in form of piggy bank named saveme.ng ( asusu or esusu in native Hausa and Yoruba) under Smart Integrated Technologies.
Jamilu is married to Hafsat Ishaq Jamil in 2011, they are blessed with three children Jameela, Jadeed and Jadeeda.
- Hodi, Mustapha (27 July 2019). "Business strategist, Jamilu Abdussalam launches NorthFlix movie streaming app". FinanceScape. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Ngbokai, Richard P.; Giginyu, Ibrahim Musa (24 May 2019). "Northflix: We launched App to curb piracy of Hausa films, says CEO". Daily Trust. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Giginyu, Ibrahim Musa (7 October 2019). "Taj Bank, Smart Save to boost financial inclusion". Daily Trust. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Triumphnews, The (22 June 2019). "Mass Communication Department Alumni honours 4 PhD graduates". THE TRIUMPH. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Giginyu, Ibrahim Musa (5 July 2019). "White collar job has never been an option for me — Northflix boss". Daily Trust. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Dawud, Nazifi (18 May 2019). "Northflix: Kannywood launches online movie app to fight piracy". DailyFocus Newspaper. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "Bank chiefs drive financial inclusion". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
Category:1985 births Category:People from Kano State Category:Living people Category:Nigerian Muslims Category:Nigerian investors Category:Nigerian entertainment industry businesspeople Category:Nigerian company founders Category:Businesspeople from Kano
This article "Jamilu Abdussalam" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jamilu Abdussalam. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.