Javier Colinas was born in Mexico City in 1978. After graduating from ITESM as a Mechanic Electric Engineer he moves to Los Angeles, California to study filmmaking (directing and producing) in some of the most prestigious universities worldwide (USC, NYFA).
In 2018 him along Luis Arrieta, Luis Ernesto Franco and Max Blásquez started the production company Los Güeros Films.
The first feature film he produced and codirected was “Los Inadaptados” (Audience Choice Award in the 26th Guadalajara International Film Festival, Official Selection at Götenborg Film Festival)
Afterwards he produced among Luis Arrieta, Max Blásquez and Eduardo Lucatero “Preludio”, this film was selected in several international festivals and won Best Mexican Feature Film. at the Monterrey International Film Festival on its 2011 edition. That same year, his short film “Mejor Ponte a Trabajar” was chosen to be a part of TV Azteca’s (second biggest TV company in Mexico) campaign “13 ways to love Mexico”.
Javier Colinas coproduced and directed “Detrás del Poder”, amongst his associates, Los Güeros Films, QKramácara Films and ITESM, this feature film premiered in movie theaters in January 2014. This film is starred by Luis Arrieta, Paola Núñez and Héctor Kotsifakis.
In 2013 he produces “Bajo Tortura” directed by Cristina Juárez Zepeda, a documentary that has traveled to multiple international film festivales like Guadalajara, Montreal and Thessaloniki. He also coproduced “Cuatro Lunas” directed by Sergio Tovar.
On January 1st. 2016 his movie “El Cumple de la Abuela” premiered in Mexico. It also participated at the Chicago Latino Film Festival, FENACINE (Torreón) and Festival de Cine de la Habana. That same year he directed and coproduced amongst Altavista Films the feature film “A Ti Te Quería Encontrar“ that premiered worldwide in Hola México Film Festival on June 1st 2018, and will premier in Mexico on June 28th 2018. He also directed the episode “Gato con Botas” for the TV series “Érase Una Vez” produced by Chocolate Cine.
He directed the TV series “Mita y Mita” along Pitipol Ibarra and Joe Rendón. Late in 2017 he directed the movie “La Boda de la Abuela" coproduced by Los Güeros and Corazón Films. This film is currently in postproduction and will premiere early 2019
- "Estoy contando el cine que me gusta a mí: Eduardo Lucatero". www.milenio.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
Detrás del poder, cinta mexicana que explora las posibilidades del suspenso". IMCINE (in español). 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "AARP States - 31st Chicago Latino Film Festival Features Films Perfect For Grown Ups". AARP States. 2015-04-10. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
Estrenarán El cumple de la abuela en el Festival de Cine de Torreón". IMCINE (in español). 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "El Cumple de la Abuela salta de la risa a la reflexión". www.milenio.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "10.º aniversario del Hola México Film Festival en el corazón de Los Ángeles | La Opinión". La Opinión (in español). Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Televisa. "'Érase una vez' estrena por Canal 5 | Sala de Prensa | Televisa.com". Televisa.com (in español). Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- 20Minutos. ""La boda de la abuela" se estrenará a fines de año, dice Javier Colinas". 20minutos.com.mx - Últimas Noticias (in español). Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "What we may become / Lo que podríamos ser". CLFF. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
This article "Javier Colinas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Javier Colinas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.