Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
| Joseph Harwood Mermaid.jpg|
Winning Image of Limecrime’s Mermaid Contest, in 2012
|Born||Joseph John Lawrence Harwood|
3 May 1991
Brighton, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
|Baptised||3 May 1991|
Joseph John Lawrence Harwood (born 3 May 1991) is a British Artist, cosmetic scientist and Model, originally from Brighton. He is best known for his creative artwork and for winning Simon Cowell's The You Generation competition with his popular YouTube blog Joseph Harwood.
Joseph Harwood was born in the town of Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom. Harwood was born with chromosomal abnormalities which led to his body developing with female sexual characteristics at 13. He began to start medical intervention and present as female from this age, leaving gender specific classes in school and adopting female pronouns. As evident in his creative work, he is not adverse to either pronouns, denying gender roles. He identifies closer with the concept of Two-Spirited as opposed to transgender.
Harwood was invited to be part of an early educational scheme at aged ten, to study his GCSE education which he successfully completed. He was then part of the Aim Higher scheme from fifteen which exchanged his regular lessons for higher education level courses at The University of Sussex. In 2012 he was referred to the University of the Arts London by Roja Dove to study an MSc in Cosmetic Research. Harwood has also completed a Foundation BTEC Diploma in Art and Design, specifying in Fashion Design.
Harwood was scouted at the age of 15 by an editor from Dazed working on the launch of Alexander McQueen's first commercial line McQ. Debuting for London Fashion Week at age 16, Harwood was cast for the runway, editorial, and print on an international scale. During work in Japan, Harwood was invited to transition from model to makeup artist which led to more creative control and the start of a new career.
As a makeup artist, Harwood has been booked for celebrities, musicians and reality television stars. His work has appeared in many publications ranging from Gay Times, NOW Magazine and Dazed and Confused, Marie Claire and Elle Magazine. Harwood has also gained press transforming French model François Sagat into Madonna for the launch issue of LoverBoy Magazine.
Creating an organic presence on Myspace during it's early days, he maintained a constantly changing, creative image with often Mermaid themed artwork. From 2009 Harwood began creating political content on the first trans led collaboration channel, '5 Awesome Tranny's.' He spoke routinely on his view on animal rights, LGBT representation and diversity. During December 2012, Harwood began creating a month of beauty tutorials on the YouTube channel JHMemoires which led to a successful viral art film entitled Boy to Girl, showcasing the binary of gender. Transforming into supermodels, musicians and Hollywood stars such as Tyra Banks, Marilyn Monroe and Miley Cyrus. Harwood's work has caught the attention of news sites ranging from Buzzfeed and G1 to the Daily Mail. During this time Harwood took interest in an interview with Simon Cowell and YouTube sensations Pixiwoo, advertising the brand new YouTube competition YouGeneration, ran by SyCo. Entering with a gender transformation video, Harwood was announced via skype by YouTube Blogger Jim Chapman as the winner of the Makeup Category with an initial cash prize. In March 2014 Harwood was announced on Twitter to be the Grande Prize Winner overall and the recipient of $75,000. In April 2015 Harwood partnered with brand BeeGood in the launch of his first branded cosmetic product in the UK, available in Waitrose Stores. Later that month, Harwood became the first non-binary person to work with L'Oreal in their Brush Contest. In May of 2015 Harwood was featured in World of Wonders online series James St James Transformations and Ring my Bell. In May of 2016 Harwood led a panel at the convention, Rupaul's Drag Con which discussed the ritual of makeup. In December 2016, Harwood was featured in the topical Google Year of Search in tribute to David Bowie. He hosted Lush TV in association with Lush Cosmetics in March 2017. Harwood has reached 40 million views, combining his channels Perfect Androgyny, JHMemoires and JHCosmetics.
Harwood has been vocal about the misleading nature of sensational online content and the restrictions applied to LGBT bloggers and has voiced this at a variety of events ranging from Beauty Con London, the Business of Beauty Panel and during the LGBT Panel at Summer in the City. He is a vegan and has created a recipe series on his website showcasing a variety of home made dishes that omit meat and dairy produce. He was featured as a modern day Icon in 2018 with organisation Faith Matters for LGBT month. He was approached by UNICEF to partake in their Safe Internet Day Campaign. Harwood has launched a campaign along side the United Nations on their Little by Little campaign, specifically focusing on Marine Life and Conservation.
|2013||The You Generation Competition (Makeup)||$15,000||Himself||Won|
|2014||The You Generation Competition (Grand Prize)||$75,000||Himself||Won|
|2015||l'Oreal the Brush Contest (Fan Vote)||Social Campaign||Himself||Won|
|2017||British National Diversity Awards||(None)||Himself||Nominated|
- "About". YouTube. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "FOF #2617 – The Makeup of Joseph Harwood". Feast of Fun. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Interview with Youtube Sensation Joseph Harwood - Pigeons & Peacocks". Pigeons & Peacocks. 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "The 5 Most Insanely Useful Makeup Tricks for Transgender Women". Marie Claire. 2017-10-09. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- EDITORS (9 March 2014). "PHOTOS: François Sagat Serves Madonna Realness For Cover Of New Magazine".
- "THE BUNDLE: Issue #1 & #2 – Physical". Loverboy Magazine. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Joseph Harwood Mermaid Makeup by Joe H". Preen.Me. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "FOF #2617 – The Makeup of Joseph Harwood". Feast of Fun. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Male Model Uses Makeup To Turn Himself Into Miley Cyrus".
- "Homem usa maquiagem para se transformar em Miley Cyrus e Elizabeth Taylor – Jornal Pequeno". 7 October 2013.
- "Androgynous model transforms himself into Elizabeth Taylor".
- Joseph Harwood (2013-07-27), JOSEPH HARWOOD - FIRST TRANS WINNER EVER TO WIN A SYCO CONTEST, retrieved 2018-06-05
- Good, Bee. "Spotlight on Joseph Harwood..." Bee Good. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- L'Oréal Paris UK & Ireland (2015-05-06), The Brush Contest UK Final Event, retrieved 2018-06-06
- "Ring My Bell: All-New Episode with Joseph Harwood!". The WOW Report. 2015-05-03. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Kim Chi, Miss Fame, and Trinity K Bonet at RuPaul's DragCon: Contour DuJour". The WOW Report. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Google's Year in Search". Google Trends. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Lush Kitchen". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Why London's LGBT Community Needs Drag More Than Ever". Vice. 2015-04-14. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "LGBTQ+ Panel at Summer in the City 2015 – TenEighty — YouTube News, Features, and Interviews". teneightymagazine.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "Food". Joseph Harwood. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Joseph Harwood (2018-05-03), JOSEPH HARWOOD x GOOGLE x LITTLE BY LITTLE x UNITED NATIONS - HD, retrieved 2018-06-05
This article "Joseph Harwood" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Joseph Harwood. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.