|Developer(s)||The KPDF Team|
0.5.10 / August 26, 2008
Search KPDF on Amazon.
KPDF is a free PDF reader based on Xpdf. It is integrated with the KDE platform, so it embeds very well in Konqueror as a KParts component. Nevertheless, KPDF has been replaced in KDE SC 4 by Okular.
- Three different ways of searching: find dialog, thumbnail filter and type-ahead find.
- Capture images and text easily with kpdf by dragging a rectangle around what is desired to be captured.
- Choosing the default background/text colors, like a CSS style sheet.
- Ability to add bookmarks to pages.
KPDF allows text in PDFs to be read through KTTS text-to-speech. Same as original Acrobat Reader, it provides side panel with thumbnails, allows double page mode. However it cannot rotate a page on its own, relying on the external means to rotate the whole screen when required.
Bookmarks are visible on the thumbnails and there is no other navigation feature to locate them. When a pdf-file was moved to another directory this files bookmarks remain consistent.
When running side by side it might show faster response than KGhostView (0.5.4) and in some cases even exceed the original Acrobat (9.0) .
KPDF was named Application Of The Month in April 2005.
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : Moleculer, Athena Framework, Mylyn, Corrector.co, DMCMS, ensmallen (C++ library), git-machete
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of PDF software
- Okular, the KPDF replacement
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KPDF.|
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This KDE-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "KPDF" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:KPDF. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.