|Chair of the Indiana Republican Party|
|Assumed office |
February 1, 2017
|Preceded by||Jeff Cardwell|
|Education||Manchester University (BA)|
Indiana University, Indianapolis (JD)
Kyle Hupfer is an American lawyer, business executive, government official, political commentator and current chairman of the Indiana Republican Party. He has served as chairman since 2017 and was unanimously reelected to a second four-year term in 2021. In 2020 he managed Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb's successful reelection campaign.
A native of Pendleton, Indiana, Hupfer earned an undergraduate degree from Manchester University in North Manchester, Indiana and his law degree from Indiana University's McKinney School of Law. While at Manchester, Hupfer played on the varsity men's basketball team under then coach Steve Alford and was captain for the NCAA Division III national runner up team.
In 2005, then Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels named Hupfer the director of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Daniels also named Hupfer chairman of the Indiana State Fair Commission. Hupfer left DNR after two years and became vice president and General Counsel at Proliance Energy. After that he was a partner at the law firm of Frost, Brown, Todd and Chief Administrative Officer at IMMI.
In 2017, new Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb named Hupfer chairman of the Indiana Republican Party, replacing outgoing chairman Jeff Cardwell. In 2019, Holcomb tapped Hupfer to run the governor's 2020 reelection campaign.
As campaign manager, Hupfer managed the successful reelection effort for Governor Holcomb. 
In February 2021, Hupfer was named by RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel to be general counsel of the Republican National Committee. Hupfer's appointment was ratified by the RNC executive committee.
He is a partner at Taft Stettinius & Hollister.
- "Kyle Hupfer, Chairman of the Indiana Republican Party, Seasoned Business Executive and Attorney, Joins Taft Law | News | Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP". www.taftlaw.com.
- "Hupfer Joins IMMI Executive Team". www.insideindianabusiness.com.
- "DNR director Hupfer resigns". wthr.com.
- Tobin, Michael (December 6, 2019). "The Unlikely Rise of Pete Buttigieg: A closer look at the mayor who could be president". Fox News.
- "State Chairman Kyle Hupfer | GOP".
- "One-on-one with Gov. Holcomb's campaign manager". September 16, 2020.
- "Exelon Announces Acquisition of ETC ProLiance Energy". www.exeloncorp.com.
- "taking down words: Statehouse: Kyle Hupfer". www.takingdownwords.com.
- Smith, Brandon (February 1, 2017). "Hupfer Officially Becomes New Indiana GOP Chair". WFYI Public Media.
- "Governor Eric Holcomb Names Kyle Hupfer Campaign Manager – WBIW".
- "Indiana Governor Election Results". January 5, 2021 – via NYTimes.com.
- Bulletin, Ken de la Bastide The Herald. "Hupfer named to national GOP post". News and Tribune.
- "Hupfer Joins Taft Law". www.insideindianabusiness.com.
|Party political offices|
| Chair of the Indiana Republican Party
This article "Kyle Hupfer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kyle Hupfer. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.