List of video games by player count
|Part of a series on:|
This is a list of video games ordered by their overall player count, including by registered accounts, subscriptions, or owners of a free-to-play game. Games with official sales figures are not to be included; those are to be added to the list of best-selling video games instead. This list is also not comprehensive, because player counts are not always publicly available, reliable, or up to date.
|Game||Number||As of||Business model||Release date||Publisher||Ref.|
|RuneScape||200 million registered accounts||July 2012||Subscription-based||January 4, 2001||Jagex|||
|Super Mario Run||200 million downloads||October 2017||Free to download||December 15, 2016||Nintendo|||
|Fortnite||125 million registered accounts||June 2018||Free-to-play||September 26, 2017||Epic Games|||
|League of Legends||100 million peak monthly players||September 2016||Free-to-play||October 27, 2009||Riot Games|||
|World of Warcraft||100 million registered accounts||January 2014||Subscription-based||November 23, 2004||Blizzard Entertainment|||
|Candy Crush Saga||93 million peak monthly players||March 2014||Free-to-play||April 12, 2012||King|||
|FarmVille||83 million peak monthly players||March 2010||Free-to-play||June 19, 2009||Zynga|||
|Hearthstone||70 million total players||May 2017||Free-to-play||March 11, 2014||Blizzard Entertainment|||
|Team Fortress 2||50 million owners on Steam[lower-alpha 1]||July 2018||Free-to-play||October 10, 2007||Valve Corporation|||
|Counter-Strike: Global Offensive||46 million owners on Steam[lower-alpha 1]||July 2018||Commercial||August 21, 2012||Valve Corporation|||
|Pokémon Go||45 million daily users||July 2017||Free-to-play||July 6, 2016||Niantic|||
|TERA||40 million registered accounts||May 2015||Free-to-play||January 25, 2011||En Masse Entertainment|||
|Overwatch||40 million total players||May 2018||Commercial||May 24, 2016||Blizzard Entertainment|||
|Warframe||38 million registered accounts||March 2018||Free-to-play||March 25, 2013||Digital Extremes|||
|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege||35 million registered accounts||June 2018||Commercial||December 1, 2015||Ubisoft|||
|Unturned||27 million owners on Steam[lower-alpha 1]||July 2018||Free-to-play||July 7, 2017||Smartly Dressed Games|||
|Left 4 Dead 2||23 million owners on Steam[lower-alpha 1]||July 2018||Commercial||November 17, 2009||Valve Corporation|||
|Payday 2||18 million owners on Steam[lower-alpha 1]||July 2018||Free-to-play||August 13, 2013||Starbreeze Studios|||
|Final Fantasy XIV||14 million registered accounts||August 2018||Subscription-based||August 27, 2013||Square Enix|||
|Dota 2||13 million peak monthly players||September 2016||Free-to-play||July 9, 2013||Valve Corporation|||
|The Elder Scrolls Online||10 million registered accounts||December 2017||Commercial||April 4, 2014||Bethesda Softworks|||
- Not official; the numbers were estimated following a Steam API data leak in July 2018, which gave player ownership estimates for games on the platform that have achievements.
- Weber, Rachel. "Runescape hits 200 million player mark". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- Good, Owen (October 31, 2017). "Super Mario Odyssey sold 2 million copies already, says Nintendo". Polygon. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Statt, Nick. "Fortnite now has 125 million players just one year after launch". The Verge. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Volk, Pete. "League of Legends now boasts over 100 million monthly active players worldwide". Rift Herald. Polygon. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Sarkar, Samit. "Blizzard reaches 100M lifetime World of Warcraft accounts". Polygon. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Dredge, Stuart. "Why is Candy Crush Saga so popular?". The Guardian. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Dean, Dean. "Zynga's CityVille becomes the biggest-ever app on Facebook". Venture Beat. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- Campbell, Evan. "Hearthstone Passes 70 Million Players". IGN. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- Orland, Kyle (July 6, 2018). "Valve leaks Steam game player counts; we have the numbers". Ars Techinca. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
- Anthony, Sebastian. "A year in, millions still play Pokémon Go (and will likely attend its festival)". Ars Technica. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Maiberg, Emanuel. "The Most Popular Steam MMO Isn't Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls". GameSpot. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- Moore, Bo. "Overwatch has more than 40 million players". PC Gamer. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Marks, Tom. "Warframe Reaches 38 Million Players for Its 5th Anniversary". IGN. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Fingas, Jon. "'Rainbow Six: Siege' is a juggernaut with 35 million players". Engadget. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Fogel, Stefanie. "'Final Fantasy XIV' Passes 14 Million Players During Fifth Anniversary". Variety. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- Dealessandri, Marie. "Ten million in Tamriel: The slow-build success story of Elder Scrolls Online". MCV. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
This article "List of video games by player count" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of video games by player count. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.