|Industry||Digital media, journalism|
|Founded 📆||June 1, 2006 (as BlockShopper)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||53 West Jackson Blvd, #560|
Chicago, Illinois 60604, United States
Area served 🗺️
|Services||Hyperlocal content service|
Number of employees
|Parent||Partially owned by Tribune Co.|
LocalLabs (and BlockShopper before 2011) is an American commercial provider of content to media companies and marketers. According to court documents, Edward Weinhaus and Brian Timpone are the co-founders of the company; the pair defeated law firm Jones Day in Federal Court in 2008.
In 2011, the original company, Blockshopper, a real estate news and data website, morphed into Journatic as a newspaper content service. In 2012, Timpone and the company found themselves in the news for its practices, including using fake bylines. Timpone stated he was "saving journalism" in an episode of "This American Life" by producing news in the Philippines. Also in 2012, the Tribune suspended Timpone and the company for plagiarism.
- "LocalLabs.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- "Jones Day v. BlockShopper.com et al, No. 1:2008cv04572 - Document 55 (N.D. Ill. 2008)". Justia Law.
- Fitch, Stephane (2010-08-26). "Blockshopper.com Outs Rich Homeowners, Sparking Glee and Anger". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Fitch, Stephane (2010-08-26). "Blockshopper.com Outs Rich Homeowners, Sparking Glee and Anger". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Amendment of a foreign limited liability company for". bsd.sos.mo.gov. August 19, 2008. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- "Fake Bylines Reveal Hidden Costs Of Local News". NPR.org.
- "Switcheroo". This American Life. 29 June 2012.
- Miner, Michael. "Tribune, Fourcher, drop Journatic". Chicago Reader.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "LocalLabs" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:LocalLabs. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.