Lost (Cher Lloyd song)
|Single by Cher Lloyd|
|Released||24 April 2020|
|Cher Lloyd singles chronology|
"Lost" is a song by English singer Cher Lloyd from her upcoming third studio album. Released on April 24, 2020, under Universal Music Group, the song is the second single released off of Lloyd's upcoming album, following "M.I.A" in 2019. An accompanying video directed by Raja Virdi was released on April 24. Writing for The Guardian, Leonie Cooper said: "There is something heartening about this largely harmless return."
Background and production
After releasing her album Sorry I'm Late in 2014, Lloyd went on a musical hiatus before releasing several songs between 2016 and 2019. After signing a new record deal with Polydor Records & Universal Music Germany, she released "None of My Business" in 2018 and "M.I.A" in 2019. 2020 brought "Lost" which was teased for a week before being released in April.
The song was written by Raphaella, Casey Smith, Patrick Jordan-Patrikios, Boy Matthews, Youthonix & Cher Lloyd while it was mixed and mastered by Lex Barkey. Hitimpulse produced the song and have been consistent collaborators with Cher doing production on 2018's "None Of My Business" and additional production on 2019's "M.I.A".
Mike Wass of Idolator called the song a "cute bop" stating "Cher Lloyd returns with a fiery kiss-off anthem called “Lost,” which is the musical equivalent of posturing on social media so your ex can see how amazing your life is." While Pip Williams writing for The Line Of Best Fit stated "Lost" is far and away the strongest release of Lloyd’s career to date, blowing those who still reference “Swagger Jagger” as a career high out of the water. The new cut sees Lloyd embrace languid balladry as a vehicle for a surprisingly hard-hitting lyric. It’s still slickly produced and radio-friendly, but there’s a heart and soul to it that many mainstream stars would struggle to match."
The official video to the single premiered on YouTube the day of release. The video was shot in a single take with no cuts or edits made, depicting Lloyd on a bed with neon and pastel lights changing behind her as she sings. Lloyd commented in an Instagram Livestream that the lighting was the most difficult aspect of filming the video. The video was produced by Phase Films and directed by frequent collaborator Raja Virdi who worked on her previous single "M.I.A".
Credits adapted from YouTube Music.
- Cher Lloyd – vocals, songwriting
- Hitimpulse – production
- Raphaella Mazaheri-Asadi – songwriting
- Hanni Ibrahim – songwriting
- Patrick Jordan-Patrikios – songwriting
- Casey Smith – songwriting
- Boy Matthews – songwriting
- Lex Barkey – studio personnel, mixing, mastering
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||89|
- "Cher Lloyd on Instagram: "My new single LOST is OUT NOW!!!! Head to the link in my bio to listen / download / share!! The official video will be premiered at 5pm uk…"". Instagram. Retrieved August 27, 2020.
- "Cher Lloyd Returns With 'M.I.A.,' an Anthem For Your Post-Party Plans - Billboard". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Cher Lloyd - Lost (Official Music Video) - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved September 24, 2020.
- "Tracks of the week reviewed: Katy J Pearson, Cher Lloyd, the 1975 - The Guardian". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Cher Lloyd teases 'Lost'". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Hitimpulse Official Spotify Playlist of songs produced/written by them". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Cher Lloyd Sizzles in one take 'Lost' video". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Cher Lloyd is bigger than the bullshit - The Line Of Best Fit". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Raja Virdi Music Videos". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Lost / Cher Lloyd". Retrieved September 25, 2020.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved August 27, 2020.
This article "Lost (Cher Lloyd song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lost (Cher Lloyd song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.