Matthew Lee Morgan
Morgan got his start in the marijuana industry in his home state of Montana, after exiting a career in real estate following the financial crisis of 2007-2008. Utilizing knowledge gained from his Montana farm upbringing, he started experimenting in his garage with marijuana, and soon had a "pretty sizable cultivation." He then went into business for himself, opening a medical marijuana company in Montana that same year, but was closed its doors in 2012, after changes were made to Montana marijuana laws.
Morgan moved to Arizona in 2012 and started Bloom Dispensaries, but was soon approached by a private investor from Florida, leading to his departure of Bloom and the creation of Tryke Companies and Reef Dispensaries. He launched Reef Dispensaries in Phoenix, Arizona in 2014, and in 2016, opened additional locations Las Vegas and Reno. Reef Dispensaries currently operates six locations in the two states.
After Nevada's move to recreational marijuana sales in July 2017, Morgan's Reef Dispensaries became the subject of a national media attention. Several media outlets appeared at Reef for the July 1st, 2017 launch of recreational sales, where Morgan invited Nevada State Senator Tick Segerblom to make the first purchase of legal marijuana on live television. Vice News Tonight on HBO interviewed Morgan for their July 28th, 2017 episode, calling Reef "a marijuana dispensary unlike most others in Nevada."
- Delamont, Kieran (24 January 2018). "Instagram star Dan Bilzerian plots a made-in-Canada cannabis takeover". NOW Magazine.
- Romero, Dennis (9 August 2017). "Made-in-L.A. Marijuana Strains Find a Market in Las Vegas". L.A. Weekly.
- "Breaking Bud: Inside the Massive Las Vegas Dispensary That Grows Wiz Khalifa's Weed". Complex.
- "The Indy Explains: How one Las Vegas dispensary produces its own marijuana". The Nevada Independent.
- Nelson, Joe. "Dispensaries running out of marijuana, 'state of emergency' declared". KVVU-TV.
- "Nevada's liquor lobby wants legal weed to play by their rules". Vice.com.
This article "Matthew Lee Morgan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Matthew Lee Morgan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.