|President of Jammu and Kashmir Workers Party|
|Assumed office |
5 February 2020
|Born||2 January 1991|
Langate, Kupwara district, Jammu and Kashmir, India
|Political party||Jammu and Kashmir Workers Party|
|Alma mater||University of Kashmir|
Mir Junaid (born 2 January 1991) is a writer, a Kashmiri activist, a lawyer and a Indian politician based in Jammu and Kashmir. He is currently the president of the Jammu and Kashmir Workers Party.
Mir Junaid has been politically involved from a young age, being both a youth activist and youth leader locally. He has been an activist for over 14 years.
He was initially and continues to be a vocal supporter of the Indian governments decision to abrogate article 370 and 35a stating, “I believe that the removal of Articles 370 and 35-A gave the people of Jammu and Kashmir a kind of liberation from political dynasts. The weaker sections of the society who are deprived will benefit from the move.”
- Junaid, Mir (19 July 2020). "Gilgit Baltistan: The exploited orphan".
- "Kashmiri activist slams Pak in meeting with envoys, says it has no locus standi on Article 370". ANI News.
- "Booming young guns". The Week. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Blood on our hands". Greater Kashmir. 2020-09-25. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "Jammu and Kashmir Workers Party set for mainstream political foray in J&K - The Week". www.theweek.in.
- "Political parties misled people in Kashmir for decades, says youth Kashmiri activist". ANI News.
- "Plea to allow incoming calls in J&K - The Hindu".
- Zargar, Ipsita Chakravarty & Safwat. "Special Report: In Kashmir, who are the leaders of the new political 'mainstream'?". Scroll.in.
- "Removal of Article 370 gave hope: J&K youth activists". 8 October 2019.
- "Leaders and thinkers of J&K bat for interfaith dialogue : The Tribune India".
This article "Mir Junaid" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mir Junaid. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.