Mohammad A. Baker
|Mohammad A. Baker|
|Born||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|🏡 Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Gulf Marketing Group (GMG)
Mohammad A. Baker (Arabic: محمد باقر) is an Emirati businessman and the Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Gulf Marketing Group (GMG), a family-owned holding company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.. The company has business divisions ranging from sports to healthcare, FMCG and education, including brands such as Sun and Sand Sports, Super-Care Pharmacy, Farm Fresh, Good Health Nutrition and Trilogi Logistics. GMG is also the distributor for sport and lifestyle brands including Nike, VANS, Timberland, The North Face and Colombia, amongst others.
Mohammad joined GMG in 2010 with a vision to prepare the business for a new generation, ensure a smooth transition of leadership, and successfully drive the company into the future. He was appointed CEO in 2014.
- Nike, in partnership with GMG Sports, opening its largest store in the Middle East at The Dubai Mall in 2018.
- Breaking ground for a new GMG distribution facility in Jebel Ali Free Zone in 2017 to facilitate GMG’s e-commerce business.
- A three-year sponsorship agreement between Sun and Sand Sports and Al Hilal Football Club in Saudi Arabia in 2016.
- Opening of specialty concept store Basketbolista for basketball fans in 2016.
- Launch of flagship digital-concept store for Sun and Sand Sports at The Dubai Mall in 2015
In 2018, Mohammad was recognised by Arabian Business in its ‘40 And Under: The Region’s Most Influential Young Business Leaders’ listing. He has also contributed thoughts on trending topics within the region’s retail landscape for publications such as Gulf Business and Arab News.
|This United Arab Emirati biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Asian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
Mohammad A. Baker
This article "Mohammad A. Baker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mohammad A. Baker. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.