Moonlight Serenade (radio program)
|Running time||3 hour (DZMM Radyo Patrol 630)|
1 hour and 30 minutes (DZMM TeleRadyo)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Home station||DZMM Radyo Patrol 630|
|Hosted by||DJ Richard Enriquez |
Jemuel Cainglet Salterio
|Created by||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.|
ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs
|Original release||January 8, 2013 – present|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs every Tuesdays - Saturdays)|
|Opening theme||Moonlight Serenade by Frank Sinatra|
Moonlight Serenade is a music program aired on DZMM which is hosted by DJ Richard Enriquez and Jemuel Cainglet Salterio. The program is aired every Tuesdays - Saturdays, from 1:00 am – 4:00 am in DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 and 2:30 am – 4:00 am in DZMM TeleRadyo with simulcast on The Filipino Channel worldwide. This program is named after the song from Frank Sinatra of the same name and it is also their theme song of the program. This program plays music of the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, and the 1980s. The program is the successor of the entertainment program Logan Live which aired its final episode on January 5, 2013.
- DJ Richard Enriquez (2013–present)
- Jemuel Cainglet Salterio (2013–present)
- Bro. Jun Banaag
- Norma Marco
- Reggie Valdez
- Rod Izon
The show plays your favorite music from four decades by the radio program host, and also has a segment entitled "MOONLIGHT MEMORIES", wherein he reads the featured letter from the listeners of the show.
The program features random pictures while each song is playing, instead of the images from the artists.
The radio program host also reads the listeners' text messages via Facebook, or via SMS.
The radio program host also discusses news or flash reports after playing a few songs in the program.
The second part of the program features the segment "MOONLIGHT LETTERS", wherein DJ Richard reads the letter from the listeners and after that, he plays the song requested by the letter sender. This segment is no longer used since 31 October 2017 and it is replaced with Moonlight Memories.
The third part of the program, at around 3:45 am (except Saturdays), DJ Richard gives the rundown of the headlines for the next program, Gising Pilipinas.
On January 8, 2013, the timeslot of Moonlight Serenade is 1:00 am – 4:00 am before Gising Pilipinas On Tuesdays - Fridays, and Radyo Patrol Balita: Alas Kwatro ng Umaga On Saturdays, and after Dr. Love Radio Show in DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 and DZMM TeleRadyo. On April 17, 2017, due to the 10th Anniversary of DZMM TeleRadyo, they changed its timeslot to 2:30 am to 4:00 am after the back-to-back episodes of ABS-CBN's Weekend Programs Rated K Matanglawin Ipaglaban Mo! S.O.C.O. and ANC Documentary Series Mukha and ABS-CBN's News Current Programs pre-empting the first 90 minutes of Moonlight Serenade. The timeslot of DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 remains the same.
- On February 7, 2017, because of the 4th anniversary of Moonlight Serenade, the prefix "DJ" in DJ Richard Enriquez was removed for unknown reasons. But in Yesterday, the "DJ" in DJ Richard Enriquez is still there.
- On January 3, 2017, The program celebrated its 4th anniversary with special episodes and all-OPM hits every Saturdays.
- It, Songhits: Tunog Pinoy and Yesterday are the only music programs that are hosted by DJ Richard Enriquez.
- This is the only program in DZMM which has a Saturdays edition of the program.
- This is the only program in DZMM which doesn't air on Mondays due to weekly sign-off.
- This is the longest-running program in DZMM, which runs about 3 hours.
- This is the only music program in DZMM TeleRadyo that doesn't show artists' pictures while the song is playing. Instead, it shows random pictures.
- DZMM TeleRadyo
- Remember When
- Dr. Love: Always and Forever
This article "Moonlight Serenade (radio program)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Moonlight Serenade (radio program). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.