|Native name||ندیم عسکر|
|Born||April 2, 1990|
Janikhel, Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
human rights activist
💵 Salary :
|Movement||Pashtun Tahafuz Movement|
Nadeem Askar (Pashto: ندیم عسکر) is a human rights activist and one of the leaders of the Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM) from Janikhel in Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Formerly, Askar was a youth worker of Awami National Party (ANP) and leader of the students' union Muttahida Tulaba Mahaz.
Activism and detentions
On 8 June 2018, Askar and four other activists were arrested when they protested in Bannu against a Taliban attack on Ali Wazir and other PTM activists in Wanna, South Waziristan.
On 22 September 2018, Askar, Hanif, and other PTM activists attended a meeting in Janikhel, Bannu. At 8:15 pm, as they were leaving the village after the meeting, a group of militants suddenly opened fire on them but all the activists remained safe.
On 29 October 2018, Askar's cousin, schoolteacher Mujeeb-ur-Rehman, was killed by militants in Janikhel, Bannu as he was returning from his school duty. The murder came just one day after PTM's public gathering in Bannu, in which Askar had played a leading role despite intimidation from the government. Askar and other PTM activists claimed that the state of Pakistan was responsible for the murder and placed the dead body on the road for a day in protest, demanding that the militants should be immediately arrested and punished.
On 5 March 2019, Nadeem Askar and Hanif Pashteen were arrested by the police and detained for three days when they organized a protest against the alleged extrajudicial murder of one of the leaders of PTM, Arman Loni. On 28 May 2019, Askar was again arrested by the police because of taking part in a protest gathering in Bannu. On 20 June, he was released from jail.
On 5 May 2020, Askar was arrested by the police in Bannu along with three other PTM activists, including Gilaman, during protests against the assassination of one of the leaders of PTM, Arif Wazir.
- Manzoor Pashteen
- Alamzaib Mahsud
- Arif Wazir
- Killing of Naqeebullah Mehsud
- Tahir Dawar
- Arman Loni
- Abdullah Nangyal
- Gulalai Ismail
- "Four PkMAP, ANP workers sent to jail". The News International. June 9, 2018. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "Arrest of student's killers demanded". Tribal News Network. April 26, 2019. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "سپین وام میں فوج مخالف مظاہرہ ملتوی کیا گیا". Pashtun Express (in اردو). 4 September 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "بنوں: پی ٹی ایم کے عہدیداران پر فوج کے سامنے گوڈ طالبان کا حملہ". Tribal News (in اردو). 22 September 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "ندیم عسکر کے چچا ذاد بھائی کے ٹارگٹ کیلینگ کا ذمہ دار ریاست پاکستان ہے". Pashtun Express (in اردو). October 29, 2018. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "ندیم عسکر کے چچا ذاد بھائی کو اہوں اور سسکیوں میں سپردخاک کیا". Pashtun Express (in اردو). October 30, 2018. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "پی ٹی ایم کے پانچ رہنماؤں کی ضمانت منظور". VOA Urdu (in اردو). June 18, 2019. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "د پښتون ژغورنې غورځنګ مخکښ عسکر پرېښودل شو". Mashaal Radio (in پښتو). June 20, 2019. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- "Amid complete media blackout, PTM stages worldwide protests against killing of Arif Wazir". Sayhoon News. May 6, 2020. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Pakistan : Gilaman, Nargis Khattak, Wranga Loni, Hanif Pashteen, Mulla Behram
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Tracy Stratford, Pier Paolo Racchetti, C. J. Bolin, George B. Mowad, Ahmad Al-Shahhat, Gabrielle Ryan, Thornton F. Bell
Others articles of the Topic Pakistan : Nargis Khattak, Reach Montessori International, Hanif Pashteen, Gilaman, Orient Energy Systems, Consulate-General of Pakistan, Chicago, Grange Holdings Power Plant
This article "Nadeem Askar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nadeem Askar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.