Never Enough (Koda Kumi song)
|File:Koda Kumi - NEVER ENOUGH.jpg|
|Single by Koda Kumi|
|from the album AND|
|Released||December 6, 2017|
|Songwriter(s)||Koda Kumi, Matthew Tishler, Philip Bentley, Aimée Proal|
|Koda Kumi singles chronology|
Never Enough (stylized as NEVER ENOUGH) is the 62nd single by Japanese artist Koda Kumi. The single was announced in October and was released on December 6, 2017. As with her prior singles, LIT and HUSH, it only garnered a physical release at concert venues, her official fan club and on the Japanese site mu-mo.
The single was her third and final release of three planned released for 2017, her first being LIT in August and HUSH in October. The song was included on her fourteenth studio album, AND, as was an alternate rendition of the music video.
Never Enough was also released as a 12" vinyl.
Never Enough is the sixty-second single by Japanese singer-songwriter Kumi Koda under the avex sub-label Rhythm Zone. The release was announced on October 31st, and was her final single of her planned releases for the year of 2017, her first being LIT, which was released on August 2nd, and the second being HUSH, which was released on October 4th. As with the previous singles, a physical release was only available at concert venues for Live Tour 2017 ~W Face~, her official fan club Koda Gumi and on the popular music site mu-mo. The CD was later made available on Amazon Japan. The single was also released as a 12-inch vinyl.
Due to having no physical release, the song failed to chart on the Oricon Singles Charts. The single was released as a CD and as a 12" vinyl; both versions contained the title track, along with its corresponding instrumental. It was given a limited release during the concert venues and each CD that was purchased through the venues carried one of five stickers. Those who purchased all three singles from the same official shop received a tote bag, which featured a different print depending on which shop all three singles were purchased from. For mu-mo, customers had to use the same login I.D to acquire the limited tote.
"Never Enough" was written and composed by multi-platinum songwriter and music producer Matthew Tishler, Philip Bentley and Aimée Proal, with the lyrical portion written by Kumi herself. Matthew is a famous songwriter, who has worked in films, radio, stage and television. He is famous for his works with American artists Ashley Tisdale, Olivia Holt and Cymphonique, South Korean artists BoA, Tohoshinki and EXO, and Japanese artists Lead, Crystal Kay and Namie Amuro, among others. Singer and songwriter Aimée Proal is also well-known for her works with Kelly Clarkson, Halestorm and Christina Aguilera. Philip Bentley had previously worked with Koda Kumi for her song "Gimme U" from her Walk of My Life (2015) album.
The music video for "Never Enough" was in contrast to the previous brightly lit videos and, instead, was done in monochrome. It was performed in one continuous shot, much how her sister misono had done for several of her videos throughout her career. For the video, light and shadow were used to reflect on certain lines and themes. In one instance, in mention of the ocean, light is reflected in the room to resemble water, while during the more emotional parts, the room is drenched in darkness.
The video's off-shot gained fan support, due to the filming location and the meaning the song held to Koda Kumi's fans. On December 6, 2017, avex's official YouTube uploaded the music video to help promote the single.
On the corresponding album AND, an alternate version of the music video was used.
|1.||"Never Enough"||Koda Kumi||Matthew Tishler • Philip Bentley • Aimée Proal||3:17|
|2.||"Never Enough" (Instrumental)||Matthew Tishler • Philip Bentley • Aimée Proal||3:17|
- Never Enough: found on the single (2017) and corresponding album AND (2018)
- Never Enough (Instrumental): found on the single (2017)
- Never Enough [YUTO Remix]: found on Koda Kumi Driving Hit's 8 (2018)
- "Album "AND" recording content announced!". Koda Kumi Official Website. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- "NEVER ENOUGH / 倖田來未 アルバム". Oricon. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
- "Koda Kumi announces 61st single "HUSH"". J-Pop & Showbiz News. Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- "倖田來未が何故か正座。新曲MV撮影オフショットにファン歓喜 (Koda Kumi is something right now. New song and off-shot MV with fans)". Entertainment Station. November 21, 2017. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "限定シングル3部作リリース第3弾「NEVER ENOUGH」& DVD / Blu-ray「KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2017 - W FACE -」12/6（水）同時発売決定！(Third limited single in a triple release "NEVER ENOUGH" & DVD / Blu-ray "KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2017 -W FACE- 12/6 (Wed) released simultaneously!)". Rhythm Zone. October 31, 2017. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "倖田來未「××の時正座しちゃうの」 意外な（？）クセ告白に「可愛い」！". J-Cast (in Japanese). November 22, 2017. Retrieved June 9, 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "NEVER ENOUGH【ファンクラブ・mu-moショップ限定】（CD）". mu-mo. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "NEVER ENOUGH (豪華アナログサイズジャケット仕様)". Amazon Japan. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- "NEVER ENOUGH / KODA KUMI (くるみ) 西11丁目のCD《ポップス》". JMTY. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- "Koda Kumi "NEVER ENOUGH" Information". Koda Kumi Official. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "限定シングル3部作リリース第2弾！ニューシングル「HUSH」、配信/ライブ会場/mu-moショップ限定で10/4(水)発売決定！倖田組/playroom/ライブ会場限定購入者特典発表！". Rhythm Zone. Retrieved September 20, 2017.
- "KUMI KODA RELEASES NEW SINGLE "NEVER ENOUGH," CO-WRITTEN BY PHIL BENTLEY". Reservoir Media Management. December 6, 2017. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
- "倖田來未 – NEVER ENOUGH 歌詞". iLyrics Buzz. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "The Man Behind the Music: Matthew Tishley". The Levity Ball. June 18, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Aimée Proal Discography". Discogs. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Philip Bentley Discography". Discogs. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "倖田來未、新曲MV撮影現場でなぜか正座。撮影オフショットにファン歓喜 (Koda Kumi, new song MV shooting on-side. Fan's delight in the filming off-shot)". M-ON! MUSIC (in Japanese). Retrieved June 2, 2018.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "倖田來未 / NEVER ENOUGH (Normal Version)". Avex Official YouTube. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
This article "Never Enough (Koda Kumi song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Never Enough (Koda Kumi song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.