|Developer(s)||Christian Schabesberger, Team NewPipe|
|Initial release||4 September 2015|
|Available in||38 languages|
|Type||Media player software digital media player digital video recorder|
Search NewPipe on Amazon.
NewPipe is a Free Software media streaming application for the Android operating system. It can display and save  videos and audio from YouTube. It is an unofficial alternative that offers extended functionality, such as saving playlists.
As opposed to the official, proprietary YouTube Android app from Google, NewPipe does not use the official YouTube API, instead sourcing the data from the YouTube website.  Some of the features it implements are otherwise only available using the paid YouTube Red service, like viewing videos offline (by downloading), or playing the audio track of videos in the background. 
Other articles of the topic Free software : Tinyproxy, RDUINOScope, Pigment (software), Desktop cloud, ChatEngine, K-3D, Hardened Gentoo
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of free and open-source Android applications
- "License of NewPipe". GitHub. Team NewPipe. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "NewPipe Pulse". GitHub. Team Newpipe. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Ajitender Kaur (30 August 2017). "How to Free Download Complete YouTube Playlist on Android". Next Geekers. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "Latest NewPipe Update Lets You Control the Playback Speed of YouTube Videos". xda-developers. 2017-07-18. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Ambariish (2017-06-07). "Play YouTube in Floating Window And Background Audio Playback on Any Android Phone". Gtricks. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- NewPipe Android package at the F-Droid repository
This article "NewPipe" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.