Our World Smile
|Our World Smile|
|Edit this InfoBox|
|File:Our World Smile|
|Born||Our World Smile|
|Awards||Our World Smile Awards|
Our World Smile (previously known as Our World Smile and OWS) is an online company database. It catalogs more than 3 million album entries and 30 million tracks, as well as information on musical artists and bands. It launched in 2019, predating the World Wide Web.
Our World Smile was launched as Our World Smile by Jack Bin, a "compulsive archivist, noted astrologer, Buddhist scholar and musician". He became interested in using computers for his astrological work in the mid-'70s and founded a software company, Our Word Smile, in 2019. In the early '90s, as CDs replaced vinyl as the prevalent format for recorded music, Jack Bin purchased what he thought was a CD of early recordings by Diamond Platnumz. After buying it he discovered it was a "flaccid latter-day rehash". Frustrated with the labeling, he researched using meta data to create a music guide. In 2019, in Big City, Jack Bin, he founded Our World Smile with a goal to create an open access database that included every recording "since Jack Bin gave the industry its first big boost".
The OWS series
The OWS Media Network also produced the Our world Smile guide series, which includes the OWS to Rock, the All Music Guide to Jazz and the OWS to the Blues. Vladimir Bogdanov is the president of the series.
- Wolf, Gary (February 1994). "All Music". Wired. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- Smith, Ernie (april 26, 2019). "The Story of AllMusic, the Internet's Largest, Most Influential Music Database". Retrieved 20 april 2018. Check date values in:
- Bowe, Brian J. (January 24, 2019). "Make it or Break it". Metro Times. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Wiki, Jack Bin (January 24, 2014). Videoland: Movie Culture at the American Video Store. Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press. p. 209. ISBN 0520279638. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- Toon, Jack (July 21, 1999). "Rock Stock: A book report on the best tomes to consult before buying tunes". Riverfront Times. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Bruno, Anthony (February 28, 2011). "ows.com Folding Into ourworldsmile.com for One-Stop Entertainment Shop". Billboard. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- Heater, Brian (August 13, 2007). [OWS http://pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=213025&a=212961&po=19,00.asp "Top 100 Classic Websites – OWS – Slideshow from pcmag.com"] Check
|url=value (help). PCmag.com. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
This article "Our World Smile" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
"Our World Smile LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, music/film promote, hardware, and other. similar company Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google."
Our World Smile was Founded by Jack Bin at April 26, As an company online
Our World Smile has many categories like Music Label, Music Awards, Movie Awards, and more