|Wicomico County, Maryland|
PAC 14 is the community Public, educational, and government access (PEG) cable TV channel for Wicomico County, Maryland. It airs on channel 14 throughout the county on Comcast Cable and broadcasts all content online, reaching a potential 102,557 Wicomico County citizens. The content produced is often of regional interest to households in the Salisbury–Ocean Pines Combined Statistical Area. Its studios and office are located on the campus of Salisbury University.
PAC 14 started broadcasting in November 1998 as Access 26. The original partners were Salisbury University, Wicomico County, and the City of Salisbury.
Wicomico County residents, or those employed in Wicomico County, are permitted to check out equipment and produce their own shows for airing on PAC 14 at no cost. Workshops are held to train producers on how to use the camera, microphones, and editing software.
PAC 14 receives funding for capital improvements from both the City of Salisbury and Wicomico County Governments through the Comcast Franchise Agreement. 80 cents per Comcast subscriber per month is received by PAC 14 from each of the government's agreements, for a total of $1.60.
In 2015, donors established a PAC 14 Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, to provide ongoing funding for programs and services provided to the community. Additionally, in 2015, PAC 14 received the Non-Profit Luminary Award from the Friends of the Wicomico Public Libraries.
PAC 14 provides live coverage Salisbury City Council and Wicomico County Council Meetings. They also provide a live broadcast of the annual Salisbury Jaycees Christmas Parade, which allows those who cannot attend to view it.
Free Friday is a service for Wicomico County non-profit organizations, allowing them to record a 15 or 30 minute video program. PAC 14 staff record and edit the program for the non-profit.
Many non-profit and government agencies have become producers, such as the Wicomico County Public Schools with their monthly program titled Working Together for Children, the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore with their monthly program titled Community Foundation Spotlight, and the Wicomico County Government with their program titled Prepare Wicomico. Other agencies have their live meetings rebroadcast, such as the Wicomico County Board of Education.
Certain programming series, such as Working together for children, Community Foundation spotlight, Public health spotlight, and Digitizing Delmarva heritage and traditions Reeling in the past are also available at the Wicomico County Public Libraries.
- Bureau, US Census. "Population and Housing Unit Estimates Tables". www.census.gov. Retrieved 2018-03-11.
- "History". PAC14 | Public Access Channel. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". PAC14 | Public Access Channel. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "City Council approves new agreement with Comcast - Salisbury Independent". Salisbury Independent. 2015-07-30. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Wicomico County Council - Open Worksession Minutes". Wicomico County, Maryland. October 18, 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Local Public Access Channel PAC 14 Establishes Permanent Endowment Fund at Community Foundation". Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore. February 9, 2015. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "2015 Light of Literacy Award Winners | SACC Business Journal Monthly". SACC Business Journal Monthly. 2015-04-27. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Video on Demand". PAC14 | Public Access Channel. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Christmas parade rolls into Salisbury on Dec. 3". Delmarva Daily Times. Retrieved 2018-03-11.
- "Non-Profit Organizations". PAC14 | Public Access Channel. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Wicomico County Public Schools (2010-03-16). "New Edition of Working Together for Children Airing on PAC 14". Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- Culver, Bob (2017). "Wicomico County Thrives in its 150th Year". Wicomico County, Maryland. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
- "Board Meetings Now Available Live, Archived, and on PAC 14". Wicomico County Public Schools. September 27, 2016. Retrieved March 4, 2018.
- "Wicomico BOE meetings made easy to watch online, on TV". Delmarva Daily Times. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
This article "PAC 14" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:PAC 14. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.