Political science of religion
The political science of religion (also referred to as politicology of religion or politology of religion)[by whom?] is one of the youngest disciplines in the political sciences that deals with a study of influence that religion has on politics and vice versa with a focus on the relationship between the subjects (actors) in politics in the narrow sense: government, political parties, pressure groups, and religious communities. It was established in the last decades of the twentieth century.
This section possibly contains original research. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The basic research areas of the political science of religion are:
- All aspects of religious teachings and practices that have direct political contents and messages, such as religious understanding of government, power, political authority, state, political organizing, war, peace, etc.;
- All aspects of religious behavior and practice that don’t have direct political contents and messages but do have direct political consequences, such as building of religious edifices, pilgrimages, etc.;
- Attitudes and positions of political subjects in the narrow sense towards religion and religious communities, such as that of political parties and pressure groups towards religion and religious communities;
- Everything within apparently completely secular public behavior with no religious motives that causes religious consequences, such as an economic monopoly achieved by a religious group within a multi-confessional society – it cannot but cause political consequences.
These fields of research are in constant development. The newest area of research in political science of religion is on the subject of religion and international relations.
In 2006 Georgetown University established the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs as one of the first American university research centers devoted to issues surrounding the political science of religion.
The Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance founded the Politics and Religion Journal in Belgrade, Serbia in 2007. Its spiritus movens and editor in chief is Miroljub Jevtić, professor in the Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade, Serbia. The journal Politics and Religion, produced by Cambridge Journals, published its first volume in 2008.
The political science of religion is studied at almost[quantify] all universities and political science departments in the United States. The American Political Science Association has a "Religion and Politics" section.
- Christianity and politics
- Judaism and politics
- Political aspects of Islam
- List of political ideologies § Religious ideologies
- Religion and politics in the United States
- Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs at Georgetown University, http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu
- Religion and Foreign Policy Initiative, Council on Foreign Relations, http://www.cfr.org/religion.
- Miroljub Jevtic, Politology of Religion, Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2009,ISBN 978-86-87243-01-9 Search this book on ., COBISS.SR-ID 169417996
- Miroljub Jevtic, Political Relations and Religion, Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2011,ISBN 978-86-87243-06-4 Search this book on ., COBISS.SR-ID 187288
- Miroljub Jevtic, Problems of Politology of Religion, Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2012,ISBN 978-86-87243-08-8 Search this book on .
- Miroljub Jevtic, Religion as a Political Science Research Subject, in Religion and Politics, ed. South-West University "Neofit Rilski", Faculty of Law and History, Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria,2005, pp. 45–46;
- Miroljub Jevtic,Religija i politika-Uvod u Politikologiju religije(Religion and Politics-Introduction into Politology of Religion) ed. Institut for Political Studies and Department of Political Science, Belgrad,2002, pp. 15;
- Miroljub Jevtic, Political Science and Religion, in Politics and Religion, journal, 1/2007, Belgrade, pp. 59–69; https://web.archive.org/web/20140221223426/http://www.politicsandreligionjournal.com/images/pdf_files/engleski/volume1_no1/political_science_and_religion.pdf
- Miroljub Jevtic, Nabozenstvo a politika:Teoreticky Pristup(Religion and Politics:Theoretical Approach)in:2007 Rocenka Ustavu pre vztahy statu a cirkvi(Institut for State-Church Relations)Bratislava,2008, Slovakia, pp. 104–105;
- Miroljub Jevtic, Religion and Power-Essays on Politology of Religion, ed. Prizren : Dioceze of Ras-Prizren and Kosovo-Metohija, Belgrade : Center for study of religion and religious tolerance, 2008,ISBN 978-86-82323-29-7 Search this book on ., COBISS.SR-ID:153597452, pp. 268–269
- Miroljub Jevtic, Religion as a Political Science Research Subject, in Vjera i politika(The Faith and Politics)ed.Filozofsko-teoloski Institut druzbe Isusove, Zagreb, Croatia, 2009,ISBN 978-953-231-076-4 Search this book on ., pp. 121–122
- Miroljub Jevtic, Theoretical Relationsship Between Religion and Politics, “Indian Journal of Political Science" (IJPS) Vol. LXX, no 2, April/Juin 2009, pp. 409–418, ISSN 0019-5510
- Pettman, Ralph (2004): Reason, Culture, Religion: The Metaphysics of World Politics, Palgrave, London and New York.
- "Indian Controversies: Essays on Religion in Politics" by Arun Shourie, Publishers: Rupa & Co, South Asia Books, A S A Publications, Language: English
- APSA religion and politics
- Politics and Religion Journal
- Politics and Religion
- Kettell, Steven (2012). "Has Political Science Overlooked Religion?" (PDF). Political Science and Politics.
- "Religion and Politics". Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Others articles of the Topic Politics : Amanda Lindgren, Embassy of the State of Palestine in Sri Lanka, O. E. Price, People, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Elizabeth Pickett (judge), Nicaragua–Switzerland relations
This article "Political science of religion" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Political science of religion. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.