The Uplifters' Prima
|Founder 👔||Christopher Gavigan, Jessica Assaf, and Laurel Angelica Myers|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Santa Monica, California|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Beauty & wellness|
Number of employees
The Uplifters' Prima is a brand focused on hemp-based cannabinoids which provides some health benefits to users. The company was launched in June 2019 by Christopher Gavigan, Laurel Angelica Myers and Jessica Assaf and is a privately held Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) based in Santa Monica, California.. Gavigan is the co-founder of natural beauty company The Honest Company.
Prima was founded in 2019 to provide information about the potential benefits of the hemp derivative CBD, and eventually selling CBD-related products. Prima's hemp is grown in Oregon with oversight by the Oregon Department of Agriculture. Using organically grown hemp, Prima utilizes a slow extraction process to produce blend of CBD and other minor cannabinoids. With this hemp extract Prima launched their initial three products in the wellness and beauty industry. In July 2019, Prima launched two additional products focused on restoration and recovery of muscles.
In 2020, the company achieved the B Corporation (B Corp) Certification and announced a retail partnership with Sephora. In May 2021, H Venture co-led Prima’s $9.2 million seed round in May with Defy Partners, Greycroft and Lerer Hippeau. According to Gavigan, the company will use the funding to continue product development and support operations. 
- "Prima Raises $9 Million for CBD-Infused Beauty Products | Los Angeles Business Journal". labusinessjournal.com. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Santa Monica's Prima Raises a 'Seed-Plus' Round for Its CBD Supplements". dot.LA. 2021-05-21. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Honest Company co-founder Christopher Gavigan has a new, and newly funded, CBD startup called Prima". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Stop Censoring CBD". Above the Law. Retrieved September 22, 2021.
- Shapiro, Katie. "High Country: How Prima is positioning to become the Patagonia of CBD". www.aspentimes.com. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- Toast, Maria Loreto, The Fresh. "Sephora creates CBD standards for products". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- "H Venture Partners closes $10M debut fund targeting science-based brands". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
- "Prima doubles retail footprint with expansion to The Vitamin Shoppe". Glossy. 2021-10-06. Retrieved 2021-10-12.
|This Cannabis-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Prima (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Prima (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.