Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|File:Official logo of QuarkVR.png File:Official_logo_of_QuarkVR.png|
|Founders||Georgi Georgiev, Krasimir Nikolov|
|Products||QuarkVR, QuarkVR SDK, Intugame VR|
QuarkVR, formerly known as Intugame, is a software company developing a low-latency compression and streaming solution for Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality. The company is based in Sofia, Bulgaria, and is also incorporated in the US.
Intugame, as the company is then called, is founded in September, 2014 by Georgi Georgiev and Krasimir Nikolov, both graduated software developers. They started to develop a mobile app which allows users to play any existing PC game in virtual reality using only their PC, smartphone and a headset of their choice.
Soon after that the company started working on their second project called 'Intugame SDK', later renamed to 'QuarkVR SDK' - a Software Development Kit for Virtual reality. It follows the model "write once, run anywhere".
Intugame got funded twice by LAUNCHub.
Intugame was the only Bulgarian company on the European VR Ecosystem Map released by Greenlight VR in October, 2015.
During that time the company got incorporated in the US and renamed to QuarkVR.
In September, 2016 QuarkVR received an investment by Vassil Terziev - Co-Founder of Telerik (later acquired by Progress Software for $262,5 mln) and Telerik Academy.
QuarkVR's primary product, named after the company, is a low-latency hadrware-agnostic compression and streaming technology. It allows for any Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, or Mixed Reality headset to become wireless while keeping the HTC Vive resolution of 4K per eye. While standard video codecs take 8-12ms to encode a frame, QuarkVR runs the entire compression on the GPU in parallel and encodes each frame in just 1ms. As proof of concept, in 2017 QuarkVR created a working wireless HTC Vive headset. HTC showed interest in the solution by including Quark VR in the third round of the Vive X startup accelerator, which includes mentorship, exposure, and funding.
'QuarkVR SDK' is a multi-platform VR development tool that allows creators to build their virtual reality app, game or scene once and run it on every wired or wireless VR headset. The headsets include Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, Zeiss’ VR One, PlayStation VR, and many more. 'QuarkVR SDK' integrates with the game engine Unity.
The first version was released in Q1 of 2016.
Intugame VR allows users to play any PC game in Virtual reality. It uses a smartphone and a Virtual reality headset. The smartphone is inserted in the VR headset and the app streams the game from the PC to the smartphone. The application renders it in stereoscopic 3D. The app also uses the smartphone's sensors to accurately track the head movement.
Intugame VR is available on Google Play and the App Store and it has more than 15,000 active users.
- "INTUGAME VR LAUNCHES APP TO STREAM PC TITLES TO ANDROID IN VR". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Intugame VR: virtual reality-games voor pc spelen met iPhone (In Dutch)". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Dzięki Intugame VR zagrasz w gry z PC na mobilnych goglach VR (In Polish)". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "INTUGAME MAAKT VAN ELKE GAME EEN VR ERVARING (In Dutch)". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Български стартъп за виртуална реалност отива в Силициевата долина (In Bulgarian)". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "GREENLIGHT VR AND VIRTUAL UMBRELLA REVEAL EUROPEAN VR ECOSYSTEM MAP". VRFocus. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Български стартъп за виртуална реалност сключи сделка със Samsung (In Bulgarian)". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Announcing Tribe 7 @ Boost VC". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Българската Quark VR стана част от международния акселератор на HTC". www.capital.bg (in български).
- "HTC финансира българска технологична компания". Money.bg (in български). 7 December 2017.
- Lang, Ben (2 January 2018). "7 Companies Aiming to Cut the Cord on High-end VR Headsets". Road to VR.
- Kamen, Matt. "HTC Vive could go cordless with a wireless prototype in the works".
- "Quark VR Shows Its Wireless Vive Streaming". UploadVR. 23 March 2017.
- "Quark VR Working On Wireless HTC Vive Prototype". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. 4 September 2016.
- "Quark VR teases wireless HTC Vive prototype". SlashGear. 27 March 2017.
- "Valve is teaming up with Quark VR to launch a Vive that runs over Wi-Fi". The Verge.
- "Quark VR Developing Wireless Vive, Valve Advising". UploadVR. 31 August 2016.
- "Quark VR Now with a Working Prototype of the Wireless HTC Vive – Press Start". pressstart.eu.
- "HTC's latest VR investments include a brain control startup". Engadget.
- "Latest Vive X Batch Includes Mind-Controlled VR, Improved Streaming". UploadVR. 29 November 2017.
- "Unity SDK". quarkvr.io. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "INTUGAME VR APP RECEIVES NEW UPDATE". Retrieved 23 February 2016.
This article "QuarkVR" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:QuarkVR. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.