Rafael Nuñez Aponte
|Rafael Nuñez Aponte|
|File:Rafael Nuñez Aponte Hacker.jpg |
|Born||Rafael Nuñez Aponte|
May 26, 1979
Puerto Ordaz, Bolivar, Venezuela
Rafael Núñez Aponte (Puerto Ordaz, May 26, 1979) also known as RaFa or Rafa White Hacker, is a hacker, businessman and Venezuelan lecturer. He specializes in computer security where he has advised the media, such as the New York Times, and was accused of having cyber-tracked the website of the United States Air Force in 2001, for which he was arrested.
He was born in Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela, the son of Rafael and Olga Núñez. His first contacts with computer science were through a computer with Microsoft MS-DOS, a Kaypro 4 and an NEC. Between the age of 14 and 16 he learns to interrelate network points, which allows to know the Internet, through the dial-up and the IRC.
At 17 he joined a group known as Box Network of Slovakia as a graphic designer, taking the alias RaFa. This allowed him to have his own design page known as logos4u.box.sk. The fame generated by his designs, caught the attention of one of the members of World of Hell, Robert Junior aka CowHead2000, who invites to join. In March 2001, he joined the group and soon became the leader.
Beginnings in computer security
In 1998, Núñez joins the Investigative Unit against Pedophilia (for its acronym in English CPIU), where he is appointed delegate director. Núñez has collaborated with other organizations in the fight against pedophilia such as Perverted-Justice. In 2001, he obtained a certificate from The Hackademy School for having completed the three levels of computer security training at the DMP France society.
Cyber attack against the Information Systems Defense Agency
On June 10, 2001, after having established a record of 679 defacements in a minute in conjunction with World of Hell, Núñez leads a cyber attack against the computer systems of the Information Systems Defense Agency (for its acronym in English , DISA) of the Pentagon. This attack consisted of making a web page appear on the computers that read: "WoH is Back ... and kiss my ass cause I just 0wn3d yours!" and a link to present to the group World of Hell.
Dan Verton, a journalist expert in technology and security, writing for ComputerWorld in 2002, reported that RaFa also had privileged access to design documents for NASA's experimental spacecraft, along with other confidential operating documents. According to Verton, although published these documents on other websites, Núñez said he did not understand the sensitivity of the information he had obtained.
The first attack caused the collapse of the website of the United States Air Force, which resulted in damages of more than $10,000. World of Hell continued to carry out various attacks on other DISA systems, such as deleting accounts of access, compromising the security of an administrative program, generating the inoperability of the systems for at least 10 days.
Persecution of the World of Hell members
In July 2001, Robert Junior aka CowHead2000 after an altercation in Las Vegas is arrested by the police and when searched by the FBI, they find their relationship with World of Hell. This investigation leads to his arrest at four months by stolen credit cards and child pornography, such as the arrest of two other members: dawgyg and Vandal. About Núñez only had little information provided by his partners, his nationality and his age between 17 and 25 years, making it clear that he had abandoned World of Hell around December 2001. On January 14, 2002, vnunet.com (now Incisive Media) commented that RaFa had made 500 defacements in the 14 days of that year, which caused it to be included in the 2002 book The Hacker Diaries: Confessions of Teenage Hackers by Dan Verton.
In 2003, he obtained an international certificate as a Certified Ethical Hacker, which allowed him to work as a senior research scientist in Scientech (now EnergySolutions). That same year he was hired by CANTV and created his own space to fight against pedophilia: cpiu.es.
In 2014 he started a social enterprise to help non-profit foundations.
Rafael is also known for giving computer security tips for The New York Times, PC World, Computer World, Security Focus, as well as for many other media.
In 2018 he presented one of the central papers at the 20th National Security Congress in the Dominican Republic, about ethical hacking, threats and cyber attacks, against which organizations can be violated and must be protected.
- "Entrevista a un hacker: Rafael Núñez". UB. 2015-07-18. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- www.zone-h.org http://www.zone-h.org/news/id/4211?hz=1. Retrieved 2019-04-29. Missing or empty
- Roberts, Paul (2005-04-12). "Venezuelan arrested for '01 Air Force hacks". Computerworld. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Alvarez, Por: Carlos (2006-06-09). "Entrevista: hacker venezolano, miembro de World of Hell, detenido en USA". El lado oscuro de Internet (in español). Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Juan Vicente Nuñez Aponte (2013-01-06). "Reportaje Gatopardo sobre RaFa, el hacker Venezolano".
- "Odisea de un hacker Venezolano". El Universal. October 14, 2015.
- Verton, Dan (2002-08-08). "Update: NASA investigating hacker theft of sensitive documents". Computerworld. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Schwartz, John (2002-08-12). "Compressed Data; Hacker Obtains Shuttle Design Files, Baffling NASA". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Verton, Dan (2002-04-16). The Hacker Diaries: Confessions of Teenage Hackers. McGraw Hill Professional. ISBN 9780072223644. Search this book on
- pr0-etic4. "Fundasitio celebra primeros tres años de labores | Pro-Ética" (in español). Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Ethical Hacking: Una necesidad de la empresa | Doble Llave" (in español). Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Ethical Hacking: Una necesidad de la empresa | Doble Llave" (in español). Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Rafael Núñez expondrá la importancia del hackeo ético" (in español). Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Ethical Hacking: Necesidad organizacional en el mundo de hoy" (in español). Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- Counter Pedophilia Investigative Unit (cpiu.us).
- Unidad Investigativa contra la Pedofilia (cpiu.es).
- FundaSitio (fundasitio.org).
- The Hacker Diaries's Book.
Other articles of the topic Internet : Marscoin, Consumption of Tide Pods, Freedom of speech, Walter (meme), Orkut, News Break, Website
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Rafael Núñez (hacker)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rafael Núñez (hacker). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.