Revcontent is a content recommendation network based in Sarasota, Florida. Founded in 2013 by John Lemp, the company provides native advertising and content recommendation to the media and publishing industry. According to comScore, Revcontent reached more people than Twitter, LinkedIn and AOL in February 2016.
RevContent is adware that is displayed on websites using their network for advertising revenue. Revcontent and other ad publishers have been criticized for propagating fake news via 3rd parties that use their platform to distribute fake news and Clickbait ads.
Advertising Age named Revcontent one of the “50 Best Places to Work in Advertising & Media” in 2016. Revcontent is a private company that has never raised any funding. Within its first two years of operation, it earned more than $200 million in annual revenue.
- Contextual advertising
- Choros, Jack (2016-10-13). "How Content Recommendation Networks Have Changed the Internet". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Revcontent | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Revcontent, LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Daisyme, Peter (2016-07-08). "8 Entrepreneurship Lessons That Counter What You've Learned". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Friedman, Wayne (May 31, 2016). "CBS TV Signs With Content Recommendation Network Revcontent". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Baxter, Kaylee (2016-07-12). "How Content Recommendation Creates Better User Experience". Relevance. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "comScore Ranks the Top 50 U.S. Digital Media Properties for February 2016". comScore, Inc. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Ad Age's Best Places to Work 2016". Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- Chowdhry, Amit (March 9, 2016). "How Revcontent Grew Into A Content Innovation Powerhouse". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-26.[unreliable source?]
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Revcontent" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.