Rock N Roll Hi Fives
Rock N Roll Hi Fives
Rock N Roll Hi Fives at the 2017 North Jersey Indie Rock Festival.
|Origin||New Jersey, U.S.|
|Genres||Rock and roll, indie rock|
|Labels||Little Dickman Records|
Rock N Roll Hi Fives are an American rock band from New Jersey.
Rock N Roll Hi Fives are a rock and roll four-piece from New Jersey, that formed in 2013. The band is composed of vocalist Eilee Centeno, drummer Evren Centeno, bassist Gloree Centeno, and guitarist and vocalist Joe Centeno. J. Centeno performed in the late 1990s band Plug Spark Sanjay and the post-millenial band American Watercolor Movement. Ei. Centeno and G. Centeno began playing music around 2010, and Ev. Centeno in 2012. The band cites musical influence from AC/DC, Nirvana, Teenage Fanclub, Pavement and early Rolling Stones, as well as '90s indie rock. Rock N Roll Hi Fives' debut EP, Make it Happen, was released on 15 December 2014. On the six-track release, Tris McCall writes "like the Smoosh sisters or Kelly Mayo of Skating Polly, the Centenos are kids who derive their punk authenticity from their early adoption of an aesthetic associated with much older musicians." Rock N Roll Hi Fives' second EP, Gold Glitter Shoes, was released on 16 June 2015. Star-News describes the record as "dipp[ing] its finger in glam rock and a little pop-punk, all led by Eilee's sugar-and-snarl vocals." They made their first tour of the United States in 2015. Rock N Roll Hi Fives performed at the North Jersey Indie Rock Festival on 23 September 2017.
After signing with Little Dickman Records, Rock N Roll Hi Fives released their third EP The Beat the Sound the Dragon's Roar with them, on 21 October 2017. In 2018, Rock N Roll Hi Fives went on a six-show tour of Japan, and published a tour journal in Jersey Beat. Re-introducing the RocknRoll Hi-Fives, their ten-track debut album, released on 29 June 2018.
- Eilee Centeno – vocals and theremin
- Evren Centeno – drums
- Gloree Centeno – bass
- Joe Centeno – guitars and backing vocals
- Adamiam, James (4 April 2017), "New Jersey's Rock N Roll Hi Fives hit the road for spring break", Yes!, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Appio, Jim (2 April 2018), "It's Almost Here! Japan with The Rock N Roll Hi-Fives!", CoolDad Music, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Centeno, Eilee (2018), "The Rock N Roll Hi-5's Japanese Tour Diary", Jersey Beat, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Le-Huu, Bao (13 July 2015), "Family band Rock n' Roll Hi Fives perform free in-store Thursday at Park Ave CDs", Orlando Weekly, retrieved 26 March 2019
- Magdziak, Alice (17 April 2017), "Tour Diaries – Rock N Roll HiFives On the Road, Part VII", You Don't Know Jersey, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Mantovani, Michael (23 May 2014), ""Dad has been playing for 105 years" Rock and Roll Hi Fives on Being a Family Band", The Digest, retrieved 25 March 2019
- McCall, Tris (24 October 2014), "EP review: 'Make It Happen,' The Rock n' Roll Hi-Fives", Institute for Nonprofit News, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Testa, Jim (10 May 2016a), "Pushing Up the Daisies fest welcomes spring at Historic Harsimus Cemetery", The Jersey Journal, retrieved 26 March 2019
- Testa, Jim (26 October 2016b), "The Rock n' Roll Hi-Fives' family fun coming to Monty Hall", The Asbury Park Press, retrieved 25 March 2019
- Tucker, Brian (8 April 2016), "Family band Rock n Roll Hi Fives returns this Sunday", Star-News, retrieved 26 March 2019
- Tucker, Brian (11 April 2017), "The RocknRoll Hi Fives return on Tuesday to play at Reggie's", Star-News, retrieved 26 March 2019