|Born||New York City, New York, United States|
|Genre||Non-fiction, fiction, boxing|
Sarah Deming (born in New York City, United States) is an American boxer, journalist and author of the upcoming young adult novel Gravity about a teenage woman boxer. The novel was inspired by Deming's amateur boxing career, during which she won the New York City Golden Gloves championship, as well as her work covering two-time Olympic gold medalist Claressa Shields for Stiff Jab. In addition to serving as senior staff writer for Stiff Jab, Deming has written about boxing for The New York Times, HBO,
Sarah Deming is also the author of the kids' novel "Iris, Messenger" (Harcourt, 2007) and the ghostwriter of two romances (St. Martin's Press) adapted into a Cinemax series. Her essays appear in the Threepenny Review, the Guardian, Penthouse Forum, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, WNYC.com, and The Morning News, and have been noted in Best American Essays and Best American Sportswriting. She's been awarded a Pushcart Prize for her essay "Skydive" and a MacDowell Fellowship. Sarah is also a former Golden Gloves champion. She also served as NBC's in-studio Olympic boxing researcher.. She is senior boxing writer for Stiff Jab.
Before becoming a writer, Sarah was a chef, yoga teacher, and Golden Gloves boxing champion. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, jazz pianist Ethan Iverson, and coaches young boxers at Atlas Cops & Kids. She was raised in Brooklyn and graduated from Brown University.
- Gravity (November 2019)
- Iris, Messenger
- "Sarah Deming | Author". Penguin Random House Audio.
- "Thursday, June 27 Dedicated Issue: Make Me a World". www.shelf-awareness.com.
- "Sarah Deming vs Gladys Alonso NYC Golden Gloves". July 1, 2012 – via YouTube.
- Deming, Sarah (August 23, 2016). "Opinion | How Boxing Got Me to Face My Fears" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Inside HBO Boxing". Inside HBO Boxing.
- "Sarah Deming Books | List of books by author Sarah Deming". ThriftBooks.
- "Sarah Deming | HuffPost". www.huffpost.com.
- www.themorningnews.org, The Morning News LLC;. "The Morning News". The Morning News.
- "About Me". sarahdeming.typepad.com.
- "Sarah Deming". Stiff Jab.
- "Sarah Deming – Stiff Jab". stiffjab.com.
- "Former Bad Plus pianist still 'loves playing in the Midwest' despite rocketing career". Star Tribune.
- Iverson, Ethan (July 18, 2016). "All in the Family (Sarah Deming, Garrison Keillor)".
- "People - Sarah Deming | WNYC | New York Public Radio, Podcasts, Live Streaming Radio, News". WNYC.
- Sarah Deming | AuthorPenguin House Author Page
- Sarah Deming – Stiff Jab Stiff Jab
- The Spiral Staircase Blog
- Sarah Deming on IMDb
This article "Sarah Deming" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sarah Deming. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.