Selam Seret school
|Selam Seret school|
ሰላም ሰረት ቤት ትምህርቲ
Mika'el Abiy municipality,
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|School district||Dogu’a Tembien|
|Number of students||140|
|Data pertaining to||2019|
Selam Seret School is a public school for pre-schooling and grades 1 through 4 in Awulo, Mika'el Abiy tabia (municipality), Dogu’a Tembien, Tigray, Ethiopia.
The Selam Seret School has 4 classrooms in a stone building and 2 in a wooden building. As of 2019, the school had 140 students, 87 girls and 53 boys. There were:
- 26 students in one class in Grade 0
- 29 students in one class in Grade 1
- 30 students in one class in Grade 2
- 23 students in one class in Grade 3
- 32 students in one class in Grade 4
Water and sanitation
In 2018, no water was available at the school, though there was a nearby dysfunctional hand-dug well with handpump, but by 2019 it had been repaired. In 2018, there were no specific facilities for girls handling menstrual hygiene; this is a major reason for adolescent girls dropping out from school. Up to 2018, there was no toilet building. There is also a students' health club, the students motivate other students to clean the environment and are supervising if it happens well.
All children travel to school on foot. Many students will walk more than an hour, twice a day, to come to school.
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Lists : Sesemat school, Zerfenti school, Harehuwa school, Mitslal Afras school, Yeresere school, Khunale school
Other articles of the topics Lists AND Schools : Zerfenti school, Sesemat school, Harehuwa school, Khunale school, Yeresere school, Mitslal Afras school, List of law colleges in Bangladesh
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Schools : Khunale school, Colegio Español (Bata), Sesemat school, Zerfenti school, Yeresere school, Mitslal Afras school, Harehuwa school
Other articles of the topic Africa : African Stand, Adu Memorial Junior High School, Mitslal Afras school, Tunisian-Sicilian War, Colegio Español (Bata), Berber separatism in North Africa, Sesemat school
Other articles of the topic Lists : List of tragedy television programs, Lists of nicknames in association football, List of companies of the United States, List of tallest buildings in Amherst, Massachusetts, List of surreal comedians, List of most expensive streets by city, List of non-US places that have a US place named after them
Other articles of the topic Schools : Being Muslim Institute, Bellevue Elementary School (Iowa), Al Salam Community School, Le Bocage International School, Macao Sam Yuk Middle School, Colegio Español (Bata), American Baccalaureate School
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Education in Ethiopia
- List of schools by country
- List of universities and colleges in Ethiopia
- Jeroen Berloo, 2019. Updated to baseline study about water and sanitation in eight selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Goele Treuttens and Linde Van Der Vurst, 2018. Baseline study about water and sanitation in ten selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ and in the community around the schools in ten different villages in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Socio-demographic profile, food insecurity and food-aid based response. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains - The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. 2019. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
- What do we hear from the farmers in Dogu'a Tembien? [in Tigrinya]. Hagere Selam, Ethiopia. 2016. p. 100. Search this book on
- Griet Verrewaere, 2019. Report of latrine use and behaviour amongst students - The nudging approach at School-Watsani. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Reubens, B. and colleagues (2019). Research-Based Development Projects in Dogu'a Tembien. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains — The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-04955-3_30. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
This article "Selam Seret school" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Selam Seret school. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.