ዘርፍንቲ ቤት ትምህርቲ
Addi Azmera municipality,
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|School district||Dogu’a Tembien|
|Grades||1 – 8|
|Number of students||350|
|Data pertaining to||2019|
Zerfenti School is a public school for pre-schooling (grade 0) and grades 1 through 8 in Zerfenti, Addi Azmera, Dogu’a Tembien, Tigray, Ethiopia.
The Zerfenti School has 5 class rooms in stone buildings. As of 2019, the school had 350 students, 184 girls and 166 boys. There were:
- 36 students in one class in Grade 0
- 56 students in one class in Grade 1
- 49 students in one class in Grade 2
- 39 students in one class in Grade 3
- 41 students in one class in Grade 4
- 38 students in one class in Grade 5
- 34 students in one class in Grade 6
- 30 students in one class in Grade 7
- 28 students in one class in Grade 8
Over the last 20 years, important efforts have been done to increase schooling in Tigray, particularly of girls. The large intake in primary schools in Ethiopia over the last decades has led to lack of classrooms. Hence, classes take place through shifts (morning and afternoon).
Water and sanitation
In 2018, there was no water available on the school terrain. They used water from the village hand-dug well with handpump.
All children travel to school on foot. Many students will walk more than an hour (some even two hours), twice a day, to come to school.
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Lists : Yeresere school, Mitslal Afras school, Khunale school, Selam Seret school, Harehuwa school, Sesemat school
Other articles of the topics Lists AND Schools : Harehuwa school, List of schools in Itahari, Selam Seret school, Mitslal Afras school, Yeresere school, List of law colleges in Bangladesh, Khunale school
Other articles of the topics Africa AND Schools : Selam Seret school, Khunale school, Harehuwa school, Mitslal Afras school, Sesemat school, Le Bocage International School, Adu Memorial Junior High School
Other articles of the topic Africa : African Stand, Adu Memorial Junior High School, 2018–2021 Arab protests, Kenya, Khunale school, Yeresere school, Buja Express
Other articles of the topic Lists : List of tallest buildings in Amherst, Massachusetts, List of military disasters, Palm Springs in popular culture, List of American films of 2022, List of non-Canadian places that have a Canadian place named after them, List of football club nicknames in the United Kingdom, Yeresere school
Other articles of the topic Schools : Jennings International School, Josef Bartlett Finley, Jr., Kangaroo Kids Education Limited, Develop Africa charity, Overseas Family School, Secondary school, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Bagudi
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Education in Ethiopia
- List of schools by country
- List of universities and colleges in Ethiopia
- Jeroen Berloo, 2019. Update to baseline study about water and sanitation in eight selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Goele Treuttens and Linde Van Der Vurst, 2018. Baseline study about water and sanitation in ten selected schools by the project ‘School – Watsani’ and in the community around the schools in ten different villages in the Woreda Dogu’a Tembien. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Mjaaland, T., 2013. At the frontiers of change? Women and girls’ pursuit of education in north-western Tigray, Ethiopia. The University of Bergen. http://bora.uib.no/handle/1956/6361
- Hartjen, C.A. and Priyadarsini, S., 2012. Denial of Education. In The Global Victimization of Children (pp. 271-321). Springer, Boston, MA. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4614-2179-5_8 .
- Wilberg, J., 2004. Female education in Tigray, Ethiopia. UMB, Norway. p. 104 http://www.umb.no/statisk/noragric/publications/master/2004_jeanett_wilberg.pdf
- Socio-demographic profile, food insecurity and food-aid based response. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains - The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. 2019. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
- What do we hear from the farmers in Dogu'a Tembien? [in Tigrinya]. Hagere Selam, Ethiopia. 2016. p. 100. Search this book on
- Griet Verrewaere, 2019. Report of latrine use and behaviour amongst students - The nudging approach at School-Watsani. HOWest, Bruges, Belgium.
- Reubens, B. and colleagues (2019). Research-Based Development Projects in Dogu'a Tembien. In: Geo-trekking in Ethiopia's Tropical Mountains — The Dogu'a Tembien District. SpringerNature. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-04955-3_30. ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6. Search this book on
This article "Zerfenti school" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zerfenti school. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.