SiLA Airlines Flight 42
SiLA Airlines Flight 42 was a domestic Russian scheduled passenger flight from Kedrovy to Tomsk, both in Tomsk Oblast in Siberia. On 16 July 2021, the Antonov An-28 serving make a crash landing after takeoff. All 18 people on board survived.
Antonov An-28 aircraft (registration number RA-28728, plant number 1AJ007-13, serial number 07-13), produced on December 19, 1989 at the PZL-Mielec plant (Mielec, Poland). In the same year it made its first flight. On April 6, 1990, it was transferred to the Soviet Aeroflot under the tail number СССР-28728 (USSR-28728). Until 1991, it was operated in the Kyrgyz UGA of Aeroflot, later transferred to the Airways of Kyrgyzstan (russian: Авиалинии Киргизстана). In 1999 it was purchased by the Russian airline Region Avia. In 2012, he was transferred to "SiLA", in which he was operated at the time of the incident.
On this flight were 4 members of crew.
- Pilot in command - Pryzhkov Anatoly Yakovlevich, 56 years old, works in "SiLA" since 2015.
- First officer - Khasanov Farukh, 32 years old, works in "SiLA" since February 2021.
- Aircraft maintenance technician - Minayev Nikita
- Flight engineer - Feldenstein Alexander
Flight SL 42 departed from the airport of the city of Kedrovy behind schedule at 15:58 local time. 29 minutes later, at 16:27, the plane disappeared from the radar screens and stopped responding to the dispatcher's radio requests. At the same moment, the COSPAS-SARSAT system recorded an emergency beacon signal. Based on this signal, Emercom of Russia sending 3 Mi-8 helicopters to search for the missing aircraft. As it later became clear from the stories of the passengers, the aircraft froze and both engines failed. The plane glided to a relatively level area in a forest in the Bakcharsky District, however, during the landing, the plane received damage to the landing gear and capsized. After evacuating the crashed plane, the survivors began to prepare for a possible overnight stay. 2.5 hours after the crash, the plane was discovered by a search group from an Mi-8 helicopter. Later, by transport helicopters, all passengers and crew members were taken to Tomsk for a medical examination.
During the emergency landing, no dead cases were confirmed. One passenger suffered a concussion and was hospitalised. The PIC suffered a fractured ankle and required hospitalisation. The rest of the passengers and crew members received minor injuries (abrasions, bruises)..
On July 16, 2021, the investigative authorities of the Investigative Committee of Russia opened a criminal case on the grounds of a crime under Art. 263 Criminal Code of Russia (violation of traffic safety rules and operation of air transport)
Federal Service for Supervision of Transport decided to conduct an unscheduled inspection of the airline.
- In the Tomsk oblast, investigators find out all the circumstances of the incident with the AN-28 aircraft
This article "SiLA Airlines Flight 42" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:SiLA Airlines Flight 42. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Ан-28 RA-28728" (in Russian).CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Два человека госпитализированы после аварийной посадки самолета в Томской области - источник - Сибирь || Интерфакс Россия". www.interfax-russia.ru (in русский). Retrieved 2021-07-16.
- "Пилота и пассажира госпитализировали после жесткой посадки Ан-28 под Томском". Российская газета (in русский). Retrieved 2021-07-16.