SleepyCat is an India-based mattress-in-a-box company working on factory-to-doorstep model. This retail ecom startup looked at revolutionizing how India shops for mattresses. Founded by Kabir Siddiq in August 2017, SleepyCat was launched at Amazon Launchpad where they sold more than thirty mattresses in one week. Post that, the company sold 2000 mattresses in 6 months In May 2018, the company reported a revenue of INR 3.5 Crore. Sleepy Cat was reported to sold 10,000+ Mattresses in July 2019.
The company raised $1.5 Mn in its Series A seed round from DSG Consumer Partners and Sharrp Ventures. Gemba Capital and other angel investors participated in this round as well.
The SleepyCat mattresses are packed in a box that is one third of the size of mattress and are shipped directly form the factory to doorsteps. The products are available through their website or Amazon. They provide other benefits like a 30 night trial and a 10-year warranty.
The company has only three products:
- A 6-inch mattress which has one inch of gel memory foam with a five-inch high density base foam
- A 8-inch mattress which has two inch of gel memory foam with a 6-inch high density base foam and also a fully removable zipper cover. There is an inner cover that keeps the foam intact and also allows airflow between the foam and the outer cover.
- A 7-inch Latex mattress that comes with 7-zone support. This mattress has two inch of latex foam with a five-inch high density base foam. The latex layer provide natural cooling and a slight bounce.
Besides their mattresses, the brand also has launched:
- A 4-inch baby mattress made from 100% organic latex. it comes with a waterproof removable zipper cover
- Memory foam pillow that comes with Aloe Vera treated removable cover for sensitive skin. This pillow is fully certified with Oeko-TEX and Certi-PUR
- 16 inch Smart Bed Base that is fully foldable and require no tools for setup
- A mattress protector that is completely waterproof and breathable
The company uses vacuum compression technology to package.
- SleepyCat donated 100 mattresses to Hope Foundation Kolkata and Robin Hood Army on its 8th monthly anniversary.
- The company donated a mattress to each child at Baale Mane, an NGO running a home for disadvantaged and abandoned girl children in Bangalore
- Ganguly, Anindita (2018-07-22). "How This Entrepreneur reshaped Our Sleep". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- Sharma, Mamta (2018-05-07). "The Garfield in us: SleepyCat is a mattress that ships to you in a box". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "'Purrfect' Bedding | Outlook Business". www.outlookbusiness.com. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "7 Best Mattresses in India to Buy Online 2019". Best Buy Review. 2017-01-21. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "Offline mattress industry mostly runs on expensive, inefficient model says SleepyCat co-founder". Indian Retailer. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "Interview with Mr.KabirSiddiq, Founder and CEO of SleepyCat : India's First Mattress-in-a-box Company". The SME Times. Unknown parameter
- "DSG And Sharrp Ventures Lead $1.5 Mn Funding In Mattress Company SleepyCat". Inc42 Media. 2019-10-01. Retrieved 2019-11-19.
- "SLEEPYCAT INTRODUCES ITS PREMIUM VERSION BOXED MATTRESS 'THE SLEEPYCAT PLUS'". This Week India. Unknown parameter
- "SleepyCat introduces its premium version boxed mattress". HospiBuz. 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- April 19, India Today Home New Delhi; April 29, 2019 ISSUE DATE; April 19, 2019UPDATED; Ist, 2019 19:36. "Perfect sleeping partners". India Today. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "For a sound sleep". DNA India. 2018-08-06. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- "SleepyCat celebrates milestone achievement by donating 100 mattress-in-a-box to charity". www.indulgexpress.com. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- Kapadia, Prashant. "SleepyCat, India's First Mattress-In-A-Box Company, Donates Beds to the NGO, Baale Mane – NATIONALHERALDNEWS.COM". National Herald News. Retrieved 2019-08-20. Unknown parameter
This article "SleepyCat Mattress" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:SleepyCat Mattress. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.