SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group
|Founders 👔||*David Menning, |
|Headquarters 🏙️||Cheung Hing Industrial Building 12P, Smithfield Road, Hong Kong,|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|101 - 250|
|Parent||Motion Global Limited|
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group is a multinational designer eye-wear e-retailer operated by Motion Global with its headquarters in Hong Kong. The group specializes in sales of designer brand eye-wears including eyeglasses, sunglasses, safety glasses and contact lenses and has e-commerce websites in over 30 countries in 15 languages.
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group was founded in 2006 by Tony Zhuang, David Menning, and Doron Kalinko The optical Group works in partnership with eye-wear manufacturers and supplying over 80,000 eye-wear products from over 180 designer brands. SmartBuyGlasses’ main partners include Luxottica and Essilor, who supply eyeglass lenses and progressive lenses.
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group is a two times winner of Australia-China Business Award-winning "Business Excellence Entrepreneurial Award" in 2014 and "Business Excellence Award for Business Innovation" in 2015. In 2015 the company was also a finalist for "Business Excellence Award for Sustainability and Social Impact" category for its Buy One, Give One social movement initiative in partnership with Unite for Sight that had donated over $2 million worth of sunglasses by 2015 to the developing nations. SmartBuyGlasses also teamed up with Sightsavers in 2016 donating funds to Sightsavers' Million Miracles appeal - an initiative launched in 2014 by Sightsaver to raise funds for charity cataracts operation and targeting to provide 1 million cataracts operations in 2017. SmartBuyGlasses donated £1.50 for every pair of prescription glasses bought on any of the SmartBuyGlasses websites. 
SmartBuyGlasses is currently involved in a legal dispute with Maui Jim Inc. concerning disagreements over intellectual property. Maui Jim on October 17, 2016 filed a lawsuit for violation of trademark, copyright, and unfair competition laws, claiming that SmartBuyGlasses entities, were selling counterfeit and non-genuine Maui Jim-branded sunglasses. In response, SmartBuyGlasses counter sued Maui Jim in 2018, asserting that Maui Jim case was only defaming them, and is violation of Sherman Anti-Trust Act and Article 101 of the European Union Treaty. To them, the case was also against the contract law for unjust enrichment and practicing of trade disparagement.
- Feed Dynamix GmbH. (2017-08-01). "Case Study SmartBuyGlasses" (PDF). Feed Dynamix.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- Glowik, Mario; Bruhs, Sarah Maria (2014-06-05). Business-to-Business: A Global Network Perspective. Routledge. p. 6. ISBN 9781317807742. Retrieved 2019-03-21. Search this book on
- The 360 mag (2018-03-31). "SmartDate Glasses". The 360 Magazine. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- B&T Magazine (2015-06-11). "SmartBuyGlasses Wins At The Westpac Australia-China Business Awards". B&T. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "SmartBuyGlasses Review and FAQ -Top Eyewear Brands at Bottom Prices". Online Glasses Review. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "SmartBuyGlasses Donates $2 Million in Eyewear to the Developing World". EyewireNews. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Emily, McCormick (2016-04-12). "Online retailer partners with charity for Million Miracles appeal". Optometry Today. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Cathy. "SmartBuyGlasses Partners With SightSavers Million Miracles | Optical Vision Resources". opticalvisionresources.com. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- May, Melanie (2016-04-19). "More corporate partnerships for April 2016". UK Fundraising. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Presssat (2016-04-12). "SmartBuyGlasses partners with Sightsavers to contribute towards Million Miracles appeal". Pressat.co.ku. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "Maui Jim, Inc. v. Smartbuy Guru Enters, No. 1:16 C 9788 | Casetext". casetext.com. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- Maui Jim, Inc. (2017-01-23). "Maui Jim Files Federal Trademark And Copyright Infringement Lawsuit Against SmartBuyGlasses.com". Cision PR Newswire. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Judge, JEFFREY T. GILBERT, Magistrate. "MAUI JIM, INC. v. SmartBU | No. 16 C 9788. | 20180223860 | Leagle.com". Leagle. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- SmartBuyGlasses. "SmartBuyGlasses counter sues Maui Jim in US litigation". PRLog. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.