Statue of Christopher Columbus (Chula Vista, California)
|Statue of Christopher Columbus|
|Dimensions||1.8 m × 0.91 m × 0.61 m (6 ft × 3 ft × 2 ft)|
|Location||Chula Vista, California, U.S.|
A statue of Christopher Columbus by Mario Zamora was installed in Chula Vista, California's Discovery Park, in the United States. The statue has been vandalized multiple times. It was removed and placed into storage in June 2020.
The memorial depicts Christopher Columbus with his arms crossed over his chest and holding a telescope. The bronze sculpture measures approximately 6 x 3 x 2 ft and rests on a 6-ft tall granite base with a 6-ft diameter. A plaque reads: "Columbus found a world, and had no chart / save one that faith deciphered in the skies / to trust the soul's invincible surmise / was all his science and his only art / George Santayana / Dedicated to the people of Chula Vista by the Rancho Del Rey partnership / a joint venture between McMillin Communities and Home Capital".
Other articles of the topic California : Ger Ger, Spümcø, Inc., Plivo Inc., Adventist Health Clear Lake, Los Angeles, California, Mountain View Academy (Mountain View), Adventist Health Selma
Other articles of the topic Visual arts : Graffiti, Alexis Marcou, Graphic design, Noor Al Suwaidi, Francesco Urbano Ragazzi, Graphic designer, Bust of Bernardo O'Higgins (Houston)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of monuments and memorials removed during the George Floyd protests
- List of monuments and memorials to Christopher Columbus
- Little, Joe (January 16, 2020). "City of Chula Vista to Decide on Removal of Christopher Columbus Statue in Park". NBC San Diego. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- KUCHER, KAREN (October 14, 2019). "Christopher Columbus statue in Chula Vista park is vandalized again". San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- "Chula Vista city officials put Christopher Columbus statue in storage ahead of protest". June 12, 2020.
- Sklar, Debbie L. (June 12, 2020). "Italian-American Group Raps Chula Vista Removal of Columbus Statue". Times of San Diego. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- "Christopher Columbus, (sculpture)". Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
"San Diego County, California" is an invalid category parameter for Template:Coord missing.
The problem is usually caused either by a spelling mistake or by an-over-precise category.
For a full list of categories, see Category:Unclassified articles missing geocoordinate data and its subcategories.
|This article about a sculpture in California is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Statue of Christopher Columbus (Chula Vista, California)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Statue of Christopher Columbus (Chula Vista, California). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.