Syrian territories refers to territories de-jure belonging to the Ba'athist Syrian Arab Republic but only partially controlled by it de-facto, with large portions of territories overtaken by various factions during the Syrian Civil War, including the Syrian opposition, Islamist Ahrar al-Sham, the North Syria Federation, the Tahrir al-Sham Emirate, the terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and the Turkish military and their proxy militias.
Timeline of control
As of 5 August 2018: the Syrian Arab Republic held 60.7% of Syrian territories; SDF-held territory constituted 27.6%; 9.7% was controlled by rebel groups (including HTS) and occupied by Turkey; and 2% was held by ISIL
- Turkish Report Exposes Locations of U.S. Troops in Syria "The reports said that the military outposts are "usually hidden for security reasons, making it hard to be detected." It said they were located "in the terrorist PKK/PYD-held Syrian territories," a reference to Kurdish groups that Turkey's government considers terrorist organizations."
- With US indifferent, scope of Syria ‘peace talks’ has shrunk "Among other things, this constitution gives Syrian Kurds the right to use their language and allows Syrian territories (ie the four de-conflict zones) to elect their own governors and local parliaments, softly paving the way for a quasi-federal system."
- IS: How terror group is adapting to loss of Iraq, Syrian territories
- The regime forces impose their control over about 100 thousand square km of the area of the Syrian territory and the last fighting against the “Islamic State” organization rages in Deir Ezzor
"Syrian War Statistics". Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- The regime and SDF are the biggest gainers in the change of influence of the fighting forces and the “Organization” defends less than 1% of the remaining inhabited areas in Syria
- ما بين جنيف 6 وجنيف 8..النظام وقسد يوسعان سيطرتهما لأكثر من 83% من مساحة سوريا وتقلص في مناطق سيطرة التنظيم والفصائل المقاتلة والإسلامية
- The regime forces and allies top the list of influence in Syria with 61% of the country’s area and SDF extend their control to about 53000 km²
- War statistics 30 July 2018
This article "Syrian territories" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Syrian territories. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.