The Billion Brick Race (film)
The Billion Brick Race is an upcoming 3D computer-animated sports action comedy film co-directed and written by Jason Segel and Drew Pearce and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Set for release in 20l9, it will be the third spin-off film in the The Lego Movie franchise and the fifth film in the franchise overall, set to follow the release of The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, (also being released in 2019).
|The Billion Brick Race|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
In March 2015, Warner Bros. announced the development of the film. Jason Segel and Drew Pearce signed on to co-direct and write the film, and it was given a release date of May 24, 2019. On August 2, 2017, it was announced that Jorge R. Gutierrez had signed on as director, with Pearce and Segal stepping down. But February 8, 2018, it was announced that he had left the project, and the release date had been postponed. On July 16, 2018, Pearce announced that the film would be a LEGO racing movie inspired from racing films including The Cannonball Run and Days of Thunder, and also the animated children's television series Wacky Races.
All the production and animation companies that helped produce the rest of the films in the franchise, Warner Animation Group, Vertigo Entertainment, and Rideback will return for production. Animal Logic will also return, after having not been credited for The Lego Ninjago Movie. Warner Bros. Pictures will return as distributor.
This article "The Billion Brick Race (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Billion Brick Race (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Siegel, Tatiana; Kit, Borys (March 25, 2015). "New 'Lego' Spinoff Movie in the Works From Jason Segel, 'Iron Man 3' Writer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Variety Media. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Book of Life Director Developing LEGO’s Billion Brick Race - ScreenRant
- McLean, Tom (February 8, 2018). "Jorge Gutierrez Departs as Director of 'LEGO Movie' Spinoff". Animation World Network. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Film Releases". Variety. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (April 21, 2015). "Warner Bros. Resets Release Dates for Next Three 'LEGO' Features". Animation World Network. Retrieved March 5, 2017.