The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower
|"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower"|
|Superman & Lois episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1|
|Directed by||Gregory Smith|
|Written by||Brent Fletcher|
|Featured music||Dan Romer|
|Cinematography by||Gavin Struthers|
|Editing by||David Holland|
|Original air date||March 9, 2021|
|Running time||45 minutes|
"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" is the thrird episode of The CW series Superman & Lois. The episode was written by Michael Narducci and directed by James Bamford. It was first broadcast on March 16, 2021, on The CW and HBO Max. The show is a spin-off from Supergirl where many characters of Superman & Lois were introduced during its second season.
After being pushed around too many times by Sean and his friends, Jordan decides to push back by joining the team, gaining the respect of the coach and his new teammates. Clark is worried that doing so will reveal his powers, but Jonathan convinces him otherwise. Clark allows Jordan to join the team, and takes a job as the school's assistant coach. Sarah breaks up with Sean and quits the cheerleading team after an argument with her mother. However, Lana and Sarah eventually make up after the former reveals the dysfunctional state of their family, like her father sleeping on the couch, Sophie picking on the kids in her class, and Lana abusing sleeping medication.
Lois finds a woman named Sharon Powell to talk to regarding Morgan Edge's previous dealings that involved her son Derek. "Subjekt-11", a man with super-strength that rivals Superman's, ambushes Lois when she goes to meet with Sharon, but Superman saves them both. Subjekt-11 is later trying to leave town while asking Morgan on the phone what Larr's going to do to clean up the incident. Morgan's personal assistant Leslie Larr appears in the road and uses her heat vision to kill him. She calls up Morgan and tells him "It's done. I'll call a team".
On October 28, 2019, it was announced that The Flash co-creators Todd Helbing, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schecter, and Geoff Johns would be developing a series based on Superman and Lois Lane for The CW and set in the Arrowverse, co-existing with the other series set in the franchise. It would follow the titular couple as they deal with all the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. The couple have previously appeared in the Arrowverse series Supergirl, with Clark making his debut in the second season, and Lois making her debut in the 2018 Arrowverse crossover Elseworlds.
The third episode, "The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower", first aired on The CW on March 9, 2021. The episode also was released on streaming services such as HBO Max for world wide and Binge in Australia.
"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" stars Tyler Hoechlin, and Elizabeth Tulloch as the titular characters, as announced along with the series' announcement in February 2020. and are joined by other main cast members including Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent, Alex Garfin as Jordan Kent, both of whom were cast in their roles the same month, Erik Valdez, Dylan Walsh, and Emmanuelle Chriqui were cast in April 2020 as Kyle Cushing, Sam Lane, and Lana Lang. Indie Navarrette and Wolé Parks were cast in May 2020 as Sarah Cushing and Captain Luthor, respectively, and, finally, Adam Rayneras Morgan Edge in December 2020.
Principle photography was originally meant to commence on in March 2020, but was delayed until October, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Filming officially began on October 21 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
|2.||"Ooh La La (feat. Greg Nice & DJ Premier)"||Run the Jewels||2:30|
|3.||"Focus and Recharge"||Jacopo Tittarelli Rubboli & Nico Cham||2:40|
|4.||"What's My Problem"||Liam Hawkins||4:30|
|3||"The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower"||March 9, 2021||0.3||1.25||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
On Rotten Tomatoes, the series has an approval rating of 87% based on 38 reviews, with an average rating of 7.76/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Though it may be a bit too grounded for some viewers, Superman & Lois draws strength from unexpected places – without skimping on the action – to carve its own path in a crowded superhero universe." On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 65 out of 100 based on 12 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- Otterson, Joe (October 28, 2019). "'Superman and Lois' Starring Tyler Hoechlin, Elizabeth Tulloch in the Works at CW". Variety. Retrieved March 27, 2021.
- Ausiello, Michael; Ausiello, Michael (2020-10-29). "The CW Sets Delayed Premiere Dates for Flash, Superman & Lois, Riverdale, Charmed, Batwoman and More". TVLine. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "When 'Superman & Lois' airs and how to watch online". Newsweek. 2021-02-23. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2020-02-05). "'Superman & Lois' Casts Couple's Sons As Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin Join the CW Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-04-08). "'Superman & Lois': Erik Valdez To Play Lana Lang's Husband In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2020-04-02). "'Superman & Lois': Dylan Walsh To Co-Star As General Lane In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-04-07). "'Superman & Lois': Emmanuelle Chriqui To Play Lana Lang In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-05-13). "'Superman & Lois': Inde Navarrette To Play Sarah Cushing In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-05-12). "'Superman & Lois': Wolé Parks To Play The Stranger In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Swift, Andy; Swift, Andy (2021-02-24). "Superman & Lois Team Explains the Series Premiere's 'L' of a Final Twist: 'We Wanted to Tell a New Story'". TVLine. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray; Ramos, Dino-Ray (2020-12-17). "'Superman & Lois' Adds 'Tyrant' Star Adam Rayner As Morgan Edge". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- "DGC BC Production List" (PDF). Directors Guild of Canada. April 6, 2021. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 21, 2021. Retrieved April 6, 2021. Unknown parameter
- says, Troy. "Dan Romer Scoring The CW's 'Superman & Lois' | Film Music Reporter". Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- S1E3 - Superman & Lois (The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower) List of Songs | WhatSong, retrieved 2021-04-12
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 10, 2021). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.9.2021". Showbuzz Daily. Archived from the original on March 10, 2021. Retrieved March 10, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "Superman & Lois: Season 1 (2021)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 2, 2021.
- "Superman & Lois - Season 1 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved February 24, 2021.
This article "The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.