Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
The Playground (film)
|Directed by||Edreace Purmul|
|Music by||Sami Matar|
Search The Playground (film) on Amazon.
The Playground is a 2017 American thriller film directed by Edreace Purmul. It officially premiered on October 12, 2017 at the Reading Cinemas Town Square in Clairemont, California. Prior to its premiere, the film won 'Best Narrative Feature Film' at the San Diego Film Awards. It was officially released on Friday, October 13, 2017 on iTunes. 
A fable of five vastly separate inner-city people who struggle against their limitations in an interlocking tale assembled by a dark orchestrator.
The cast was selected through a string of local San Diego stage actors, in which Purmul says helps their emotional connection to the characters in his film. The movie was shot on a RED in 4K. Before post production, the film was originally supposed to be five different thirty minute chapters. The set was wrapped after just thirty days of filming.
- Myles Cranford
- Merrick McCartha
- Shane P. Allen
- Christopher Salazar
- Lawrence R. Kivett
- Ghadir Mounib
- Daniel Armand
- Evan Henderson
- Brooke Laver
- Raye Richards
- Jennifer Paredes
- Felicity Bryant
- Salwan Dally
- Taher AbuNadi
- Marci Krown
- Taylor Koster
Awards and festivals
|Festival / Event (year)||Award||Recipient||Result||Ref.|
|San Diego Film Awards (2016)||Best Narrative Feature Film||Edreace Purmul||Won|||
Richard Propes of the Independent Film Critic says the film is written well, properly researched and what you would want to expect from an experimental film. Blogger Daniel Cook Johnson calls the film spiritual and worth watching until the end. Don Shanahan describes the film as a psychological tone that sinks deep, so that you may find the film more respectable than enjoyable. A review at Spling says it is a challenging watch that makes you feel dark and disturbed. Shirley Rodriguez of Independent Film Now describes the characters as running way from themselves, physically and spiritually.
- "Edreace Purmul Director of THE PLAYGROUND". theintellexual.com.
- "New Thriller THE PLAYGROUND to Get Theatrical Release in San Diego". broadwayworld.com.
- "The Playground Presented by SplitWorld Pictures". tugg.com.
- "2016 San Diego Film Awards- Official Winners! - Film Consortium San Diego". Film Consortium San Diego. 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "The Playground on iTunes". iTunes. 2017-09-04. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- Gaspard, John (2016-05-26). "Fast, Cheap Movie Thoughts: Edreace Purmul on "The Playground"". Fast, Cheap Movie Thoughts. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "And the Winners Are:". filmconsortiumsd.com.
- "The Independent Critic - "The Playground" Hits the Festival Circuit". theindependentcritic.com. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "film babble blog". Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "MOVIE REVIEW: The Playground". Every Movie Has a Lesson. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- Spling. "Movie Review The Playground - Movie Reviews Trailers - SPLING | Movie Critic | Movie Reviews | Film News | Celeb Interviews". www.spling.co.za. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
- "The Playground directed by Edreace Purmul | Independentfilmnow.com". independentfilmnow.com. Retrieved 2017-09-04.
This article "The Playground (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Playground (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.