The Vaughns at the 2018 North Jersey Indie Rock Festival.
|Origin||Springfield, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Labels||Sniffling Indie Kids|
The Vaughns are an American rock band that is from New Jersey.
The Vaughns are a four-piece indie pop rock band from Springfield Township, New Jersey, that formed in 2014. The band attended high school together, and at the suggestion of their friends, began rehearsing together. The Vaughns play a blend of garage rock and blues, and cite musical influence from the Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, Sublime and Nirvana. They draw comparison to the music of Courtney Barnett, the White Stripes, and Alabama Shakes. They released an EP, entitled The Vaughns, in August 2014.
Sniffling Indie Kids
Their second EP tomfoolery was released by Sniffling Indie Kids on 24 October 2015, and the band notes "the main goal in recording tomfoolery was to capture the raw live sound." In 2016, the Vaughns' music was featured on the MTV show, Brothers Green Eat, and on the syndicated radio show, Little Steven's Underground Garage. That year, they also contributed to the Third Annual 24 Hour Songwriting Challenge, with the track "Vamos."
The single "Santa Cruz" was released in 2017. In an interview with Consequence of Sound, Lies explains "when writing the song I was thinking about the contradictions between love as we see it in real life, and love as depicted in movies[;] when I look at great couples in my life I see something much lighter [and] so the thought was that maybe what we strive for in love should be more like that: consistent and warm." In 2018, the song "Coffee Sundae" was released, which is described as a "whimsical track [that] chronicles dealing with a romantic partner who is still in contact with their ex." The Vaughns performed at the North Jersey Indie Rock Festival, on 6 October 2018.
- Dave Cacciatore – guitar and vocals
- Ryan Kenter – drums and percussion
- Anna Lies – vocals, guitar and synth
- Tom Losito – bass and vocals
- The Vaughns (2014)
- tomfoolery (2015)
- "Santa Cruz" (2017)
- "BYKTWD" (2018)
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" (2019)
- Arlene's Grocery Staff (27 April 2018), "The Vaughns", Arlene's Grocery, retrieved 22 February 2019
- BrooklynVegan Staff (6 October 2018), "The North Jersey Indie Rock Festival", BrooklynVegan, retrieved 23 February 2019
- Conte, Chelsea (30 November 2015), "EP Review: The Vaughns – tomfoolery", Speak Into My Good Eye, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Helman, Peter (25 October 2016), "Slonk Donkerson – "Cassanova's At It Again"", Stereogum, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Hudelson, Molly (27 December 2014), "Exclusive: The Vaughns talk bowling, NJ's local scene, and more", AXS, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Fu, Eddie (19 May 2017), "The Vaughns debut moody new single "Santa Cruz" – listen", Consequence of Sound, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Louie, Tom (16 March 2016), "North Jersey Notes: The Vaughns, Voodoo Terror Tribe, Psychoprism and More!", The Aquarian Weekly, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Makin, Bob (17 July 2016), "Makin Waves with The Vaughns", Courier News, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Makin, Bob (4 July 2018), "Makin Waves Scene Report with Dentist, Lowlight, The Vaughns and more", Institute for Nonprofit News, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Mosk, Mitch (21 June 2018), "Premiere: A Special Spark in the Vaughns' Passionate "Coffee Sundae"", Atwood, retrieved 22 February 2019
- NJ.com Staff (5 January 2016), "35 N.J. bands you must hear in 2016", NJ.com, retrieved 22 February 2019
- Oliver, Bobby (17 March 2015), "Must-hear N.J.: The Vaughns extend rock sound from Springfield across N.J.", NJ.com, retrieved 22 February 2019