This Is Gonna Hurt (Bonnie Tyler song)
|"This Is Gonna Hurt"|
|File:Bonnie Tyler - This Is Gonna Hurt.png|
|Single by Bonnie Tyler|
|from the album Rocks and Honey|
|B-side||"What You Need From Me"|
|Released||16 August 2013|
|Format||CD, digital download|
|Label||ZYX Music, Celtic Swan Recordings|
|Songwriter(s)||Kurt Allison, Kelly Archer, David Fanning|
|Bonnie Tyler singles chronology|
"This Is Gonna Hurt" is the second single from Bonnie Tyler's country inspired album, Rocks and Honey (2013). It was written by Nashville-based songwriters Kurt Allison, Kelly Archer and David Fanning. The song was initially released by Tyler's own record label Celtic Swan Recordings in July 2013, and received substantial airplay on British radio. It was released in Germany on 5 July 2013, 16 August in the UK and 27 August in France. "This Is Gonna Hurt" is a song with the lyrical content finding Tyler separating from a lover after mistreatment.
The song was written by Nashville-based songwriters Kurt Allison, Kelly Archer and David Fanning.
The single was B-listed on BBC Radio 2 on 13 July 2013.
The song was noted in a review of the album from Seen It Heart It. The reviewer noted the opening guitar playing as being reminiscent of a Foo Fighters song, and described the track as a "solid start" to the album. Angus Quinn from wiwibloggs compared the single with Tyler's Eurovision entry, "Believe in Me". He said that "This Is Gonna Hurt" gives Tyler "more attitude to work with" than her previous single, and that it gives her "an excuse to bring her raspy vocal to the fore in earnest." He concluded with "It’s the kind of song in retrospect she should have sung in Sweden." Entertainment Focus stated that Tyler' "vocals are faultless and shows Bonnie doing what she does best, singing those powerful, rock anthems, with only someone with a voice as strong as Bonnie, can reach."
- CD single
- "This Is Gonna Hurt" – 3:07
- "What You Need From Me" (with Vince Gill) – 4:03
- Digital download
- "This Is Gonna Hurt" – 3:07
|Germany||5 July 2013||CD, digital download|
|United Kingdom||16 August 2013||CD, digital download|
|France||27 August 2013||CD, digital download|
- "This Is Gonna Hurt (Single)". ZYX Music. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Wolfson, Sam (16 August 2013). "Mumford And Sons, Franz Ferdinand, Bonnie Tyler: this week's new tracks". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "BBC Radio 2 - Playlist". BBC Radio 2. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Carroll, Adam (2 May 2013). "Album Review: Bonnie Tyler – "Rocks and Honey"". Seen It Heard It. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2013. Unknown parameter
- Quinn, Angus (20 August 2013). "Bonnie Tyler Unveils Rocky New Single This Is Gonna Hurt". wiwibloggs.com. wiwibloggs.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Jones, Carys (2 May 2013). "Bonnie Tyler – Rocks and Honey album review". Entertainment Focus. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
This article "This Is Gonna Hurt (Bonnie Tyler song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:This Is Gonna Hurt (Bonnie Tyler song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.