Type of site
|Owner||Chitra Gurnani and Abhishek Daga|
|Revenue||3 Crore (FY 2012–13)|
|Alexa rank||14440 (February 2015[update])|
Thrillophilia is an Indian Tours and Activities company headquartered in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was founded by Chitra Gurnani and Abhishek Daga in 2011. In its initial years, Thrillophilia focused on online sales of adventure tours but it later expanded to being a marketplace of tours and activities across Asia.
The corporate outdoor and experiential learning model adopted by Thrillophilia in its early days, has proven to be of great significance since it was fairly new concept in India.
Thrillophilia was founded in 2011 by Abhishek Daga, alumnus of the IIT BHU and Chitra Gurnani alumnus of the Indian School of Business and DA-IICT. Initially they used word of mouth and Digital marketing to popularize their company. Today, as per Alexa traffic rankings, Thrillophilia is among the top 10 Travel Web sites and has been credited with India's largest tours and activities company with more than 8000 tours on website. Thrillophilia claims to have had at least 70% growth every quarter since its founding. The company started with eco tours and experiential tours in 2011 branched out to selling corporate tours, weekend getaways, weekend experiences, treks, camps, activity honeymoon trips and long excursions. Further in 2012, Thrillophilia added wildlife getaways. As of today, Thrillophilia employs over 40 people.
Initially bootstraped with ₹2,500,000 Thrillophilia has since then twice raised funding from Angels and VC's.
The company's headquarters is located in Jaipur's Startup Oasis. Its previous headquarter was in the HSR Layout in Bangalore, Karnataka which was moved in early 2017. Thrillophilia has offices and customer service centers across India.
- "Thrillophilia.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "What's muzzling adventure sports in India? - Page2 - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2011-11-10. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Emphasis Added : Followup File: Thrillophilia". Youngworldrising.com. 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "The Chronicle: Interview with Mr. Abhishek Daga (Chemical 2007), Co-founder of Thrillophilia". ITBHUGlobal.org. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "101 Must do Thrilling Fake Adventure Activities in India - Press Release". Digital Journal. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Indians Taking to Adventure Travel is on the Rise - Press Releases - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Add some thrill to your summer! - DNA - English News & Features - Lifestyle & Leisure". dnasyndication.com<. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "About Thrillophilia". Thrillophilia.com. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- Vishal Khandelwal. "Interview With Abhishek Daga Of Thrillophilia.jCom". copywriterinindia.com. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
This article "Thrillophilia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Thrillophilia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.