|Founder||Tan Han Sing|
Tueetor is a fully automated online education marketplace and location-based service platform that enables users to instantly find tutors and trainers for both academic and non-academic subjects.
The company was founded in 2016 by Tan Han Sing, who raised $1.48 million in seed capital from iGroup, a Thai library technology company. Tan has said that he aims to provide an affordable network for connecting tutors and students across Asia while also ensuring accessibility for a wide variety of communities across Asia. It has since been made available worldwide and continues to see growth in international markets.
Tueetor can be accessed through their website and mobile applications for both iOS and Android. The platform matches learners and trainers based on criteria ranging from location and budget to experience and qualification. Users can search for tutors using this variety of filters, and the tutors can source their clients through the mobile app, displaying their location and service that they offer.
Awards and Accolades
Tueetor won the EdTechXAsia Startup Awards in 2017, recognizing Asian-based education companies that had shown significant growth. The company has also been voted the best Learner-Trainer matching platform by SPH (Singapore Press Holdings) Singapore Parents' Choice Awards 2017-2018.
- Team, Editorial. "Using the Uber Model 'Tueetor' is Connecting Learners and Trainers of All Skills". EdTechReview. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Singaporean edtech startup Tueetor gets US$1.48M investment from iGroup". e27. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "e27". e27.co. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Funding Roundup: Red Dot Payments secures strategic investment; Tueetor closes $1.48m investment - DealStreetAsia". www.dealstreetasia.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Tech start-ups cram into Singapore's education sector". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "EdTechXAsia 2017 - Summit - Bizzabo". events.bizzabo.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Shazni, M. (2016-08-17). "Ever Heard Of A Tuition Aggregator For Poly And Uni Students? Here's One For You". Vulcan Post. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Review: Enrichment and tuition portals in Singapore | Young Parents". Young Parents. 2017-05-12. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
This article "Tueetor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tueetor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.