|Type of organization||Government|
The United Planets (abbreviated as the "UP") is composed of Earth and other planets within the Milky Way galaxy. The capital of the United Planets is Superman's hometown of Metropolis on the North American continent on Earth. The population of the United Planets is about 300 billion. The UP's official law enforcement agency is the Science Police, which is based on Earth in Metropolis. The UP also maintains a militia, which is based on the planet Xolnar.
The UP's governing body is the United Planets Inner Council, which is composed of the President of Earth and the heads of government of four other planets, with one of those members serving as the president of the United Planets.
In other media
- The United Planets appear in the Justice League Unlimited episode "Far From Home" and in the Legion of Super-Heroes TV series.
- Bendis, Brian. Superman #16. Search this book on
- Bondurant, Tom (August 25, 2019). "Legion of Super-Heroes: What You Need to Know About the United Planets". CBR. Valnet Inc. Archived from the original on 2019-09-14. Unknown parameter
- Adventure Comics #366 (March 1968)
- Johnston, Rich (October 6, 2018). "Brian Bendis Bringing the Legion's United Planets into DC Continuity". Bleeding Cool. Avatar Press. Archived from the original on 2018-10-06. Unknown parameter
- Adventure Comics #349 (October 1966)
- Adventure Comics #352 (January 1967)
- United Planets at DC Comics Wiki
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "United Planets" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:United Planets. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.