|Founders 👔||Sean Murray|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Area served 🗺️
|Sean Murray (Co-CEO)|
Alan Hickey (Co-CEO)
Brian Hickey (Executive Chairman)
Andrew Walker (CTO)
Number of employees
VROMO is an Irish for-profit corporation and is a web-based software company. VROMO is based in Dublin, Republic of Ireland and also has offices in Perth, Australia and New York, United States of America.
VROMO was founded in Dublin by co-founders Sean Murray and Alan Hickey, originally as a crowdsourced last mile delivery platform called WeBringg in 2016. Co-founder Murray featured on Today FM's Sunday Business Show in July 2016, speaking about the business. WeBringg's clients included SuperValu, PowerCity, Centra,and Just Eat, who WeBringg controlled order dispatch for in Dublin, Cork, Galway in the Republic of Ireland, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston in the United Kingdom as well as Brisbane in Australia and Auckland in New Zealand through Just Eat's subsidiary Menulog. WeBringg received support from Enterprise Ireland and the Local Enterprise Office in Fingal throughout their startup phase. In April 2018 the company won Best Start-Up Business in the Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur (IBYE) competition, representing Local Enterprise Office Fingal. They were also crowned as winners of the Fingal Enterprise Award for 2018, which would send them on to the National Awards. It was announced in February 2018 that WeBringg received €650,000 in investment from private investors. The end of 2017 saw WeBringg raise €850,000 in investments. WeBringg was named as Dublin Regional Award Winners at the 2018 National Enterprise Awards at the Mansion House in May 2018.
On the 19th June 2018, it was announced that WeBringg had acquired Spatula, a tech company specializing in delivery software, based in Perth, Australia and founded by CEO Andrew Walker, who would take the role of Chief Technical Officer following the acquisition. 9 days after their Spatula acquisition, WeBringg was announced as one of the Aer Lingus TakeOff Foundation Start-up Award Winners for 2018.
In February 2019 WeBringg clarified the name of their software product as WeDispatch, with Sean Murray stating “WeDispatch is the name of the software product. WeBringg is what the company was originally called and when we started off we were WeBringg; we were a crowdsourced delivery solution. As time went on, more and more people were coming to us looking to use our software. They had their own drivers and they’re asking us, ‘Can we use all the tools that you guys developed to manage our business?’ The company still operates some of its own delivery fleets in markets where it ‘commercially makes sense’, but the two names were getting a little bit confusing”. WeBringg announced that they had teamed up with Burger King in a deal which would see them use their WeDispatch technology to take over the Burger King delivery operation across New Zealand, starting off with Auckland.
Company Pivot & Rebrand to VROMO
In May 2019 WeBringg/WeDispatch rebranded to VROMO and "totally pivoted" away from delivery services, becoming a "software-only business". Speaking on the rebrand, co-founder Sean Murray stated that the start-up sealed a €2.18 million round of investment in December 2018 in order to fund the rebrand. Investors who contributed to the round included Ergo founder John Purdy and former Just Eat international director Brian Hickey, who also joined VROMO as head of strategy. VROMO sponsored FSTEC in Dallas, Texas in September 2019, as well as MURTEC in Scottsdale, Arizona in October 2019. VROMO was one of the featured start-ups at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2019. In August 2019, VROMO and North American catering company DeliverThat enter into a partnership that would see them use VROMO’s delivery management software.
- "Webringg – Enterprise Ireland".
- "WeBringg". eCommerce Association of Ireland.
- "Webringg.com". TodayFM.
- "Interview: Alan Hickey, Co-founder, E-commerce Delivery Firm WeBringg". April 12, 2018.
- "JustEat is quietly switching up its playbook... it's now hiring delivery drivers". Fora.ie.
- "Dublin's Answer To The Burning Question Of Last-Mile Delivery". Bisnow.
- "An Irish answer to Amazon's same-day delivery has bagged €650k from investors". Fora.ie.
- Kennedy, John (February 4, 2019). "Delivery platform WeBringg is wheelie going places". Silicon Republic.
- "Ireland's best young entrepreneur for 2018 General, news for Ireland, Ireland,". www.businessworld.ie.
- Ken, Anderson. "Castleknock company crowned overall winner of the Fingal Enterprise Award". www.localenterprise.ie.
- "20 years of winners to be celebrated at 2018 National Enterprise Awards".
- "Two Fingal young entrepreneurs will go to national final". independent.
- "WeBringg set to raise €3.5m in latest funding round". www.irishexaminer.com. May 1, 2018.
- Connolly, Philip. "Investors to deliver funds to growing WeBringg" – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- Ken, Anderson. "Success for Fingal company WeBringg at National Enterprise Awards". www.localenterprise.ie.
- "The Irish challenger to Amazon's same-day delivery service has bought an Australian startup". Fora.ie.
- "WeBringg Has Acquired Spatula, A Perth Logistics Tech Venture". June 19, 2018.
- Group, Ashville Media (July 6, 2018). "Winners of Aer Lingus Start-Up Awards Announced".
- "Announcing winners of the TakeOff Foundation Start-Up Awards 2018". June 28, 2018.
- "WeBringg has changed its name and quietly downplayed its Amazon-style delivery model". Fora.ie.
- "PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines". www.pressreader.com.
- email@example.com @AceeyShaw, Aimee Shaw Aimee Shaw is a business reporter focusing on retail, small business (March 1, 2019). "Burger King teams up with Amazon-style delivery company WeDispatch" – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- Alvaro, Gellon. "Investors give €2m boost to Vromo's move from delivery to software". www.localenterprise.ie.
- "Investors give €2m boost to Vromo's move from delivery to software". Business Post.
- "VROMO". FSTEC.
- "Sponsor Details: MURTEC Executive Summit 2019". www.murtecsummit.com.
- "Featured startups at Web Summit | Lisbon, November 2-5, 2020". Web Summit | Lisbon.
- "DeliverThat and Vromo Announce Strategic Partnership | RestaurantNews.com". August 12, 2019.
- "DeliverThat, Vromo Form Strategic Partnership". Hospitality Technology.
This article "VROMO" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:VROMO. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.